Chapter 15: The Ball

A/N: I don't care what your opinion V on the dresses I picked..... to me they are awesome!!! Enjoy chapter 15.

I added a new feature, a song, while reading you will see a note wrote by me "play the music now" . You go back up the page and play the song in the right time. Thank you (P.S the video is right next to the picture)

"Hey Yara.... I think I am having second thoughts on the dress." Called Vanessa from the dressing room. Yara who was putting on her red lipstick turn to the dressing room and rolled her eyes "Vanessa! Stop complaining for the love of god. Get out so I could see you."

Vanessa opened the draps and walked out of the room, holding the edges of her long dress. The girls eyes popped out of their face when they saw each other dresses. "You look amazing!" Shouted to each other.

Vanessa's dress:

Yara's Dress:

Yara rushed and hugged Vanessa

Yara rushed and hugged Vanessa. "I told you you look beautiful! Red really suits you." Vanessa blushed. She walked to a sofa and sat on it. Yara, while doing her last touches to her face, felt Vanessa was thinking about something.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Vanessa smiled "I.... Did you ever felt that you are falling in love with someone you should hate?" Yara sat in front of her. "Yeah... I fell for Alessandro. Someone I shouldn't even think of him more than a partner or a coworker in the mafia...."

Vanessa mumbled "you listened to your heart?" Yara blushed "you could say that.... I was ready to do anything to be with him. Why are you asking me?" She asked smirking. Vanessa looked at her and smiled "I love Elie." Words came out of her and Yara felt the time stop.

Yara approached her and sat close to her "you what?" Vanessa blushed and said "I beg you don't make me say it again." A huge smile formed on Yara's face "love love him? Or is it because you see him quite handsome or because-...." Vanessa interrupted "Because the way he look at me in the eyes makes my stomach do multiple backflips"

The girls talked more about that, and Yara was quite excited, already suggesting her names for the future kids. "Yara! Vanessa! Get down!" Elie shouted from downstairs. The girls held the edges of their long dresses and walked downstairs.

As Yara walked down first, Alessandro met her with a smirk on his face, he grabbed her from the waist and kissed her "you should have picked another dress mi amore. I don't want the men there looking at you."

Yara rolled her eyes "but I thought it look good on me." Alessandro replied "it will look better on the floor after-..." then he heard the Glock click. He turned around terrified and saw a gun pointed at him by Elie "I dare you to touch Yara. On god if you-...."

He suddenly went speechless after he saw Vanessa coming down the stairs, with her beautiful red dress. Her hair is not messed and curly like he always knew. They were straight and really long, a beautiful light makeup and brown eyes that sparkles as they met his.

He went towards her, held her hand and kissed it while not breaking the eye contact. "You tamed your hair?" Vanessa giggled "yeah.... I thought it is a ball so why don't I straight it-...." "I prefer it messy and curly, it suits you more." He said without any hesitation.

She wrapped her arm around his and he continued "we don't want to be late for the party do we? Two cars are waiting outside. Let's go." The couples walked out, each couple got on a car and drove to the ball that is held in one of the prettiest town in Italy.

{Play the music now}
The ball was amazingly held. Red and black curtains on the window, white ribbons and beautiful soft music played by some orchestra. Everyone were well dressed, many famous business man, drug dealers and CEO of companies, were all here attending the ball. Vanessa was nervous, Elie could tell it "as long as you are with me, nothing is going to happen." He assured her.

Vanessa nodded feeling a little bit better. A waiter came towards them and gave each one of them a glass of fine red wine. Elie was watching each visitor, trying to recognize his target. Yara and Alessandro, who started dancing, were in the other side of the room, watching too.

All of the sudden Yara waved at Elie from a far, and pointed at a man, little bit overweight dancing with a woman on the danse floor. Elie grabbed Vanessa's arm and whispered to her ear "let's danse."

He dragged her to the danse floor and grabbed her waist pulling her close to his chest, yet his eyes were still fixed on his nemesis . There were not a inch between her face and his. Vanessa was a blushing mess. She felt butterflies flying in her stomach. She looked at Elie but he was too busy looking.

She mumbled "E-Elie...." "Mhm.." he hummed before looking at her. As he saw the position they were, he was staring deep in her eyes. Something in him, made him to grab her hand and danse with the music that was playing.

He held her close, too close. His arm fully embracing her back, she had no choice but to become as one with him. But here she was completely-

They fell in step, letting the rythme control their movements. All the scenery and the people around them dissolved. It was her and him, alone. Her beautiful brown eyes glistened, and a smile spread across her beautiful face.

Uncontrollable feelings surged through his body and his fingers tingle in delight. His hand brushed across her cheek. His body was acting on it's own, no chains no to hold him back from this pure paradise.

He drew her closer to his chest, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Her hair fell over her eyes, like a curtain blocking out the sunlight. He desired to see her eyes. She began to withdraw her hand to brush away her hair, but his hand clutched onto hers.

He carefully laid her thin hand on his shoulder

He carefully laid her thin hand on his shoulder. He delicately tucked her hair behind her ear, and her brown doll eyes twinkled back at me in greeting. Her lips went to his ear as she whispered ever so softly "you know how to be romantic." She set her head on his shoulder.

They continued to dance, too lost in the music to halt. Time passed as their feet moved in the steps of the foxtrot. All of the sudden, Elie snapped out of it, he looked at the same spot where his enemy was. He was gone.

Vanessa brought her head up and sleepily opened her eyes. She saw him worried. The phone rang. Elie took it out of his pocket and answered "what?!" He shouted with frustration. "We killed him boss. He is dead." Elie sighed relieved.

"What happened?" Vanessa mumbled. Elie still holding her close "the target is dead. Our mission is over. Let's go home." He backed off and walked away, while waving to Yara and Alessandro to follow them.
————
1216 Words