Chapter 41: Brooke and Marco (4)

After breakfast, Brook returned to the room. Today's morning was a blur. She's looking around the room like it's the first time she's been there. She started to look around, on the coffee table, the books laying on the desk, the view outside. She then looked at a huge bag laying on the couch. She slowly walked and opened it. At first there were man clothe's. She immediately assumed it was Marco's. As she wanted to close the bag, something blinded her on the left eye. The sun was reflecting on something. But what?

She looked at the object and found out it was a picture frame. She held it and saw two person. Marco who she knew immediately but there's a woman next to him. A beautiful woman. So pretty and elegant that Brooke wished she could look like her. Long brown hair with curtain bangs complimenting her round with cheekbones face. Collarbones that were a perfect fit with her long and smooth neck, and a beautiful red dress laying on top of her. She knew this girl is flawless. ' She's marvelous.' Brooke thought to herself. Then for a few seconds, she went silent.... Is that Yara? The girl Marco loves? Her thoughts were interrupted by someone roaring "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" She turned around, afraid and dropped the glass frame on the floor.

The glass shattering echoed louder than Marco's voice! Marco threw himself on the ground and started to pick up the picture, he brushed it off from all the broken glass. As he checked the picture and saw it still flawless. He brought it close to his chest and let out a sigh of relief. Guilt spread on Brooke's face. "M-Marco. I'm sorry...." He stood back up, keeping his face low. He turned and put the picture back on the table. But as soon as he looked at her, anger, fire, hatred, disgust.... Many more.... She could describe.... Were all shown by the way he looked at her "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN MIND?! ALL THESE STUFF AROUND YOU, YOU CHOSE TO BREAK THIS ONE THING!"

Tears formed in her eyes, she wasn't afraid of him.... She felt guilty. She knew she shouldn't even be snooping around. "I-I'm s-sorry M-Marco.... I really am...." "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT! YOU FILTHY LITTLE SLUT-...." They were the last words that fell out of his mouth before he felt a sharp pain on his cheek. After regaining reconciliation, he saw Brooke with red tearing eyes, with a running nose, with lips that are trembling. And her hand in a position as she just slapped someone. She slapped him. "IM SORRY OKAY! I SAID IM SORRY! NO NEED TO CALL ME ALL THESE NAMES!" The bodyguards that witnessed everything that happened looked at their boss before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind them. Brooke was still sniffing and sobbing.

Marco didn't realize why is she in some sort of hysterical crying. He tried to approach her . She pushed his hands away "DONT TOUCH ME!" She said trembling. "Do I scare you Brooke?!" She can't even look at him. She's even too afraid to tell him that the only reason she's crying is because she's feeling guilty and is afraid of the consequences. Not only she broke the picture frame but she even slapped him. "Brooklyn." He called. But she was still sobbing and crying. "Brooklyn." He called once again. She slowly felt his touch against her arm. But this time she gave in, she slowly approached him and cried on his chest as his arms wrapped around her shoulders. She sinked into his muscular body yet soft touch. She felt safe . But how can she feel safe around him while there's a gun in his pocket.

He pushed back a little, his hand cupping her face as he's wiping her tears. "Brooklyn look at me," she does as he say. "I'm sorry I shouted." She sobbed "I'm sorry I broke the frame!" He sighed "what were you even looking at?!" Brooke looked at the picture laying on the table "she's flawless. It's like she came out of a Disney movie. Like I was wishing if I could look like her." Marco narrowed his eyebrows. "Look like her? Why? What's wrong with you?" Brooke was left speechless. The real question should be 'what's not wrong with her?' "I have flaws-..." "she's not flawless Brooke." She looked back at him confused "she's good at hiding her bruises that's all." Marco let go of Brooke and walked to the bed where he took off his tie. "She's being abused...?" Brooke mumbled.

Marco shook his head no "no. This picture was taken a month after her explosion incident." "EXPLOSION?" She gasped. Marco looked at her and then looked away. "Is she alright....? What happened?" "She was going to a dinner with her boyfriend. The enemy caught them and shoot a bomb RPG at them. Between them both, she was the one who got hurt the most. But she's alright right now. Healthier than ever." Brooke looked at him weirdly "oh.... The ex boyfriend is alright ?" He frowned in confusion "ex boyfriend. The man is still in the picture." "You're not her boyfriend?"

Marco burst laughing "omg! Ew! She's like my little sister!" Brooke felt relieved for some reason. She doesn't know what this feeling is but it was absolutely satisfaction "I'm just overprotective about her because she's the only thing I have left in this world. I have a father, a mother and a brother, but they never loved me. Yara was the only one who loved me and we took care of each other. That's why everything I have of her is valuable to my eyes. We don't know what might happen one day." Brooke laid her hand on his shoulder "don't talk like that." He looked at her hand and smirked. He took it and pulled her in "I might have opened to you right now" he mumbled against her lips "but the deal is still on......" he grabbed her legs and throw her on the bed.

He hovered on top of her and kissed her passionately. He slowly parted his lips from hers and smiled against her lips "you get sexy all of the sudden when you show me sympathy." Brooke wrapped and arm around his neck as he was sucking and tugging on hers. She felt and arm sneezing behind her back and arching her back. She lowered her gaze and saw him looking at her "what?" She asked. He smirked "you're perfect ." She stared at him with an awe and this time she pulled him and kissed him.