Chapter 01

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating sooner. My ADHD caused my head to run rampant with story ideas so I was distracted by writing drafts for other stories that I, hopefully, will not be publishing until I complete at least one of my unfinished stories, but that's not a promise 😅 anyway thank you for your patience and support 🙏 now enjoy the story. Be safe and have a wonderful day my kings, queens and non-binary royalty.

Madelyn's POV

~~~dream~~~
I woke up pinned to my seat by my father's seat and a giant wooden rod that was sticking out of my stomach. I looked up see my father's chest was impaled by the same rod and he was awake.

We made eye contact through the rear view mirror and he started speaking with blood dribbling down the corner of his mouth as he choked on his own blood "M-mad....die....I'm so—.....so sorry..... I love.....yo-you... girls I-" he suddenly let out a sigh and stopped breathing and I watched as the life left his eyes. I started yelling out to him "Dad? Dad?! Daddy!" I couldn't help but start sobbing as I realized that my father was dead.

Evelyn woke up sometime later and called 911. I didn't tell my sisters about dad's last words as I wanted them to believe that he died quickly and painlessly, but I did have a problem with what he had said though.... Why did he apologize? The accident wasn't his fault, and he couldn't fight death. Was he apologizing for leaving us so soon?
~~~end dream~~~

I awoke with a start as my eldest sister Evelyn woke me up for school. I started crying as my sisters rushed to comfort me. It's been two months since the accident happened and we were finally going back to school to try and get back to our normal lives.

We acted fine during the day time, but when we were in our shared attic room at uncle Charlie's we were grieving the lost of our whole world that ended that horrible night in a matter of seconds. It was even worse for me at night when everyone was asleep as the nightmares came and threatened to drag me back to that horrible memory.

Evelyn's POV
After we finished comforting Madelyn after her nightmare, we started getting ready for the day. We each showered in our private bathroom that uncle Charlie installed so we wouldn't have to share with Bella who took 3 and a half hours to get ready for the day and still looked awful.

 We each showered in our private bathroom that uncle Charlie installed so we wouldn't have to share with Bella who took 3 and a half hours to get ready for the day and still looked awful

I drove my sisters to school and dropped them off after wishing them a good day. Then I drove to the diner where I worked between 6:30am and 12:30pm then I went home and went to college online at Seattle State college until 4:50pm then I picked up my sisters from school and took them home.

This was normally when we'd see Bella. She had been depressed since her boyfriend dumped her and acting catatonic. At first everyone assumed that she acted this way since her only aunt and uncle died a horrible death, but when they realized that she was upset that her boyfriend left her they were disgusted and ignored her. Bella acted as if her whole family died in that accident instead of her boyfriend leaving her.

She was seriously starting to piss me off especially when she had 'nightmares' about the break up.

Even Charlie was at his wits end with her. He and Cora, who had moved in to help him with all the girls, talked about sending her away to an asylum because this behavior was not normal for a break up. Renee threw a tantrum so they were about to suggest that Bella moved back in with her.

So when Charlie and Cora showed up early from work to talk to her I sent my sisters inside to do homework and chores which they agreed and left while I remained outside as the three of us cornered her near her truck.

It was time for an intervention.