Chapter 10

Evie's POV
Maddie was finally released from the hospital after a 48 hour observation.

Bella had broken two ribs and cracked one, she fractured Maddie's right wrist, and there was residual water in her lungs that was mostly cleared up in the hospital.

Bella was under arrest for attempted first degree murder, child endangerment, and child abuse.

So far it looked like Bella would get a Natural life imprisonment, which means that a person is sentenced to prison without the possibility of release. It means that the person will never be eligible to be released from prison for any reason for the rest of the person's life.

Renee was not happy and actually tried to defend her claiming that Maddie had inherited my mother's postpartum depression and went batshit crazy on Bella who defended herself and tried to kill Maddie.

I'm thankful every day that I no longer have to call Renee my aunt.

Currently I'm driving an unconscious Maddie home from the hospital. She really needed the rest. Katie and Mary were with their imprints and the pack discussing what Maddie had said at the hospital. We were all trying to figure out the significance of Italy, so far we've chalked it up to a vampire only thing.

I parked the car outside Uncle Charlie's and noticed a black Mercedes S55 AMG 'That's weird.....who drives such an expensive car around here?' I thought before shrugging it off as one of the neighbors visiting relatives. I gently woke Maddie up before helping her out of the car.

We slowly walked to the front door together with Maddie holding her aching side. I whispered words of encouragement and promised to give her painkillers and ice cream once inside.

After unlocking the door I'm met with the sight of Bella, and a 4'10 girl with short, spiky ink black hair and golden eyes with chalky white skin. Her gold eyes immediately set me and Maddie on edge. They're unnatural and make me feel nauseated just from looking at them.

Before either of us can react, the world goes black.

~~~timeskip~~~
I wake up later to see that I'm cramped in a dark box like room with another person. My wrists and ankles are bound together with what feels like rope and I have a rag in my mouth with tape over my lips, effectively gagging me.

The box that I'm in is hot and feels like it's moving. Judging by the sounds of a car engine I'm assuming that it's a trunk.

My companion occasionally releases whimpers which tells me that it's Maddie. I worry about her ribs as she could rebreak them and have a piece pierce her lungs.

I can hear Bella's muffled voice say "Hurry Alice!" A feminine voice, who I assume is the pixie haired girl earlier, responds "Just breathe Bella" in a soothing voice. 'Alice...as in Alice Cullen?! Well this explains a lot!' I think as I try to figure a way out. The car suddenly stops and a man starts speaking another language.

I hear Alice yell at Bella to go and the car door slams before driving again.

When it stops a second time, the car completely turns off and the trunk is opened. Alice appears wearing a scarf around her head with sunglasses and gloves covering her skin from the sunlight. Alice roughly grabs Maddie and yanks her from the car.

Maddie and I start letting out muffled yells in protest, but stop when Alice backhands Maddie "Shut the hell up you useless skank! We're only in this mess because your stupid parents went and died!" I freeze as I stare at Maddie's rapidly bruising cheek.

'Vampires have inhuman strength....she could've easily just shattered Maddie's jaw....I have to keep her content until Maddie's out of the line of fire.'

Alice rips the ropes off of Maddie's wrists and ankles before turning to me and saying "We're going to visit the kings, so be on your best behavior or else Maddie's going to wind up a snack for them" my eyes widened in horror. Alice suddenly rips the tape off my face making me wince "Am I understood?" I spit out the rag that was in my mouth and nodded "Yes, I understand" I say in a raspy voice.

Alice gives me a firm nod before ripping the ropes off of me and turning back to Maddie to remove the tape from her mouth. I slowly climb out of the trunk and realize that Alice was driving a canary yellow Porsche 911 Turbo. She had parked in a deserted parking lot surrounded by sienna stone houses.

Alice roughly grabbed my arm before dragging both me and Maddie through the streets of the strange, sunny town. We waded through the crowded streets where people wore bright red cloaks and gave us funny, suspicious looks. We found our way to the clock tower where Alice promptly broke the lock on the door and forced us inside.

It was there that we saw a shirtless Edward and Bella in a tender embrace with two unknown men near them.

The first is a 6'7 tall male with a muscular body and having a slightly olive complexion which looks odd combined with his chalky pallor. He has layered dark brown hair, and he has the darkening red eyes of a human-feeding vampire. The second also has an olive complexion with a chalky pallor, and spiky, dirty blonde hair. He's lean and stands 6'3 ft tall. His eyes are burgundy in color due to his diet on human blood.

The red eyes comforted me instead of frightened me like the Cullens' golden eyes did.

"C'mon guys, it's a festival! We wouldn't want to cause a scene" Alice suddenly spoke up in a sickly sweet voice to which the tall male responded "We wouldn't?" Before anyone could say or do anything another feminine voice spoke up "Enough."

A 4'8 tall girl with a tiny body and pale skin appears around a corner at the end of the hallway. She could easily be mistaken for a teenage boy if not for her girlish face, full lips, and -well- breasts. Her face is angelically beautiful in its childlike appearance, and lovely.

Maddie's POV
The new comer instantly has my attention as soon as she speaks.

She has an exceptional face that would make a Botticelli angel look like a gargoyle. Her eyes are wide and her lips full, while her childlike voice is high and thin and speaks with an air of apathy or boredom, but maintains a commanding presence. She has her long, blond hair tied in a bun and her pale, porcelain skin is smooth and blemish free and make her stunning burgundy eyes pop.

I'm instantly attracted to her and I feel safe with her.

She allows her gaze to wander boredly before it becomes animated at the sight of me. I know that I look a mess with my frizzy hair in a messy bun and my plain gray sweat outfit. I would feel embarrassed being in the presence in front of this cherub if not for the way she gazed at me despite my haphazard appearance.

She strides towards me and glared at Alice "Release her. Now" Alice immediately does as told and I'm taken into this child of Eros's arms and escorted to the elevator. I look back to see the stunned faces of everyone and the relieved face of my big sister who gives me an encouraging smile.

I turn back to the stunning girl next to me and flush at my next thought.

'Do her lips taste as sweet as they look?'