26. "The fairytale was over"

Lexi's POV

The last day was a mess, Cassie was crying all the time and locking herself into our bathroom. I didn't say anything tho, to be honest, I never wanted to talk to her again.

What she did to Mila was gruesome, she never deserved to feel this.

I walked back inside our house after my mother made me hide all of the kitchen knives so Cassie wouldn't take her own life, if she had the tools to do so.

She was so dramatic.

I laid down on the couch, joining my mother on watching the Million matchmaker.

"Where is Mila?", she asked looking over at me. "I think she's staying at a friend's house", I explained.

I knew Mila was staying at Fez's or Maddy's house, I would too. I hoped she was okay after everything that went down.

"Oh good, I wouldn't come back for a week", my mother explained taking a big sip from her wine glass.

The silence grew between us as we enjoyed the show together.

Of course, our peace was disturbed by my egoistic sister who was crying again. "I didn't do anything", she started, we have had this conversation at least five times in the past 24 hours.

"Cassie please", our mother warned her. "No mom, everyone hates me but I didn't do anything. I'm not the bad guy", she cried again.

"Maybe you're not the bad guy in this whole thing but you're not the good guy either", I muttered being done with her shit.

"I'm not the bad guy. They weren't good for each other", Cassie whined still not shutting up.

"Cassie it's one thing doing, what you did and another thing acting like it wasn't bad", my mother explained and I could tell that she was just trying to stay calm.

"It wasn't! I did nothing wrong!", Cassie yelled.

Was she serious?

"You broke the principle Cassie, of course it's a bad thing", I explained. "What principle?", the blonde girl asked.

"The you don't fuck your sisters' boyfriend principle", our mom explained making Cassie cry again and walking away.

"Cassie, enough! I just wanna watch my fucking millionaires matchmaker for one hour in peace. One god damn hour! Fuck", my mom yelled and turned up the volume of the TV.

We continued watching the episode as I heard loud crying from the kitchen. Even though I was mad at my sister I couldn't let her kill herself after all.

I got up and walked into the kitchen, where my sister tried stabbing her wrist with a bottle opener.

"A bottle opener won't cut it", our mother sighed quickly grabbing it from my sisters' hands and walking back into the living room.

"I thought you hated Nate", I muttered looking at my sister, who was sitting on the ground crying.

"I didn't know him", she cried again. "But you hated him", I explained.

"Yeah but I didn't know him the way I know him now", she explained, finally calming down a little bit.

"Is it the reason you ratted on Fezco?", I asked connecting the dods.

"No, he still had no right to hurt Nate!", Cassie explained again. "He had his reasons", I said defending the only guy that made my cousin truly happy.

"Then tell me", Cassie pleaded.

"I'm not gonna tell you, I don't fucking trust you"

"But no one does, you're just making me feel worse", she cried, tears running down her cheeks again.