Chapter 37 - Epilogue

Axel and Emma's first baby ended up being a girl and they both agreed to name her Rose Marley Hart. Marley was his Mom's name and Rose was the name his Mom had picked out if they had a girl and Emma thought it was perfect. She thought it was so cute that Axel would have a daughter named Rose since the rocker's name was Axle Rose that his Mom had named him after. Rose had dark hair and grey eyes just like her Dad and it was obvious right away how beautiful she was going to be when she got older, a heart breaker just like her Dad. She was his little mini me.

Rose was a Daddy's girl as soon as she was born and the instant he held her in his arms he loved her. Emma would walk in and find her napping on her Daddy's chest really often or find him reading her a story or talking to her. Her first word was 'Dada' and as soon as she learned how to walk she was toddling around the house chasing after him. Seeing what an amazing Dad he was just made Emma fall in love with him that much more. 

A year after Rose was born they had a little boy and named him Motley Aero Hart and they had another boy they named Jagger Zeppelin Hart a couple years later. They stopped after the third baby and decided that was enough for them. Of course she went through all the pain of labor and carrying them in her stomach for 9 months but they all three were the spitting image of their Dad. She couldn't be too mad though because she loved having adorable little versions of Axel running around the house. 

Axel made sure to balance his time at the office so he was able to be home with Emma and the kids a lot. His Uncle that owned the company never had any kids of his own so he appreciated Axel's kids that much more. A lot of times he would walk in and say "Axel take the rest of the day off. Go home to your wife and kids and bring them by the house to visit more often. I didn't have kids of my own to spoil so I get to spoil yours."

His Uncle really appreciated Axel and Emma's help with creating a social media marketing campaign and it ended up blowing up and going viral. With the success of the campaign Axel was able to prove to the board of Cavanaugh Beverage group that he was a good leader and deserved to be the future CEO one day. He wanted to wait until the kids were older though before he stepped into that role. In the meantime he became a very valuable and respected part of the team that the others went to for advice.

With Emma's new marketing campaign, Cavanaugh Beverage Group was able to have the most profitable year they had seen in almost 20 years. Helping such a well known huge company have so much success attracted other large corporate clients and that became Emma's specialty. She decided to mentor the others on her marketing team and taught them how to be just like her so they could be successful too.

That also made her feel less guilty about taking time away from the office to be with her family because she knew her team could handle things without her. Mr. Tipton was very supportive of her taking time off when she needed it to be with the family because the firm was doing better than it ever had. Emma ended up becoming very well liked by the people in her office after they got to know her and going on the annual Couple's retreat became a tradition for her and Axel.

They won the Battle of the Bind three years in a row and she proudly displayed her trophies in her office. It became a running joke around the office about who was finally going to be able to take them down. Imani and Dante were very competitive and did finally end up beating them the fourth year and Dante put that trophy right on his desk so everyone could see when they walked by. He loved to talk trash to Axel and Emma about how they got beat and Axel loved it and gave it right back. 

Imani and Dante became their closest friends and they were always at each other's houses, and bringing their kids together for play dates. Imani and Emma would go out for girl's nights once in a while with a few people from the office and sing karaoke and sip on margaritas. Dante became Axel's regular fishing buddy and they would all go on double dates pretty often, which worked out great because they all got along so well.

Stella was still her best friend though. Whenever Stella wasn't busy lobbying in Washington for climate change and animal rights bills, she would come visit Illinois with her long-time boyfriend. She had met him during an animals rights rally and they had clicked right away because they were like two peas in a pod. He just so happened to be an environmental science professor at Georgetown University. They didn't get married because Stella didn't believe in the archaic institution of marriage and they didn't have any children because Stella said she didn't want to contribute to the overpopulation of the Earth. Emma didn't try to argue with her on any of her opinions. She just loved Stella exactly the way she was and she wouldn't want her to change herself for anyone, not even her. 

Since Stella didn't have any kids of her own she claimed Emma's kids as hers and when she came to visit they would always get super excited and run to see what kind of candy she had brought them. They called her Aunt Stella and she would get down on the floor and play with them or spin them around until they got dizzy and they would laugh and have a great time. 

Growing up Emma was always jealous of Stella's family and how close they were and she always ached inside to have something like that for herself one day and now she had it. She ended up getting the close family and friends she had always wanted and she never felt all alone again. Neither did Axel. They may have had a rough start to the beginning of their relationship story but they had a great ending and that's what mattered most. She really did fall in love with her high school bully.

                                       ******* THE END *******