𝐂𝐡.49: 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐄𝐫𝐚

1st pov

Finally, I can do a surprising entrance for me and my friends. I can guarantee that the others are shocked that I'm here at all, while the few who don't know me are either confused or paying attention to my name.

"Allon! I thought that you wouldn't come to help us at all!" shouted Takemichi, feeling happier that Allon has arrived.

"I thought that you have abandoned us..." said Chifuyu, shocking me as a result. I mean, I did tell them last minute, and it is a shitty idea to not tell them that I knew about Kisaki and Hanma being backstabbers, but I need to do this.

"Now why would I ever abandon you two? Both of you are my friends after all." I told them, putting up a smile. "Besides, I have brought in more help."

"Um... Who is that guy with the cigarette?" asked Hakkai.

"And the guy with the ponytail?" asked Yuzuha, who is referring to Wakasa.

"Nii-san?"

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself, brother." she said, struggling a bit to walk but overall is doing well.

"Waka, should we get ready ourselves?"

"Maybe, Takeomi. Not sure, actually." 

"Waka... Did I hear that name right?" said someone with a burnt mark around his left eye.

"Eh? Inupi's here too? Haven't seen you for a while now." Waka responded.

"Um...Who are-"

"They're the founding members of the 1st-generation Black Dragons, Koko." Inupi stated, looking more surprised than usual. "Wakasa Imaushi and Takeomi Akashi."

"Oh..." he shrugged off before realizing what Inupi meant. "Wait seriously!?"

"You talk to me about your problems, I give you some advice." Waka said. "Too bad that I may have to fight you in the process."

"Can I address the elephant in the room, please?" I asked everyone.

"You mean the fact that those two girls are just gonna stand there while we are fighting?" Mitsuya asked, pointing at Kaede and Sayaka.

"Don't worry, I' sure they'll be fine." I told him. "Now, onto the other elephant in the room, I notice something unusual about Hakkai's statement."

"What do you mean?" Takemichi asked me. Time to drop another bomb.

"Well, do you remember what Hakkai promised to do?"

"That he swore to protect his own sister? He did say that to me and Chifuyu."

"Really? Since when?"

"After Mitsuya made a deal with Taiju, he came to talk to me and Chifuyu about his tragic life."

Oh right, the time when Hakkai told the duo his backstory. Not a pleasant one, as we all knew.

"Weird. If that's the case, then why does Yuzuha end up having more bruises than Hakkai himself?" I asked, looking at Hakkai's soft face in comparison to Yuzuha's bruised face. Heck, he doesn't even have a single bruise at all.

Slowly but surely, Hakkai started to cry, who I believe knows about his secret now.

"No... I believe you wanted to protect Yuzuha, but you didn't have the guts to stand up to your brother." I bluntly stated while looking at his teary eyes. "Is that true, Hakkai?"

"...Yes. I have been protected my entire life." he tearfully said. "That's right. The one who protected me... my family... was Yuzuha this whole time." Hakkai said with a shaky voice caused by crying.