Chapter Twenty Four

Updated: April 22, 2022
Edited: June 30, 2023

Even Beomgyu was shocked to hear that, staring wordlessly at the third-grader. He hadn't noticed that his classmate was gay. I guess it was just harder to notice in girls, right? Girls and gay girls were nearly almost the same. They hugged, held hands, and admired each other's beauty. It was just hard to distinguish who was gay and who wasn't, unless... unless they were open. But, again, maybe not (since Yeonjun and his other friends hadn't noticed it in Beomgyu either).

"I- I'll be fine," he replied calmly, probably calmer than he was supposed to be in a situation like this.

"Are you sure? She-"

"Gyu-hyung!"

At the sound of the familiar voice, the said second-grader snapped his head over, maybe a little too excitedly. "Yeah?"

The excitement didn't go unnoticed by the third-grader he was talking to.

"Are you okay?" Taehyun came over quickly, his brows furrowed worriedly. "I heard from your friends that you crashed into Syumi-ssi and fell. You- you're not bleeding, are you?"

"He has a few scrapes." Yeonjun lightly tapped the red and brown patch on Beomgyu's chin. His mood seemed to have brightened the moment Taehyun had come over, and even he forgot about Syumi.

"Ow!"

"He also has this, this, this, and this." With every 'this,' Yeonjun gently poked either a scratch or a scrape on his face, arms, and legs, which was followed by an 'ow' from Beomgyu. He did it with quite a bit of enthusiasm too, and it annoyed Beomgyu so much that he slapped the older's hand away before another one of his injuries could be poked.

"Stop, Hyung! That really hurts!"

"Good!" Yeonjun exclaimed. "If it hurts, then you must've learned not to chase your hyung and try to kill him, right?"

Beomgyu squinted at him defensively. "You were the one who tried to kill me, Junie-hyung, and you were the whole reason WHY I AM HURT!!!" His face turned red from anger, his fists clenched by his sides.

Chuckling awkwardly, Yeonjun cautiously grasped Beomgyu's hand, almost as if he was petting it to relieve the younger's anger, and tugged him back to their spot. "Hehe... Hyungie is sorry, so he'll help Gyu-Gyu care for his wounds."

"Hmph!" Beomgyu sat down with a plop, turning his head away from Yeonjun.

Taehyun sat down beside Beomgyu, watching amusingly as the oldest grabbed the first aid kit.

But, just as Yeonjun opened the red plastic box, Soobin called him, "Yeonjun-hyung! Come help me please!" The red-haired boy was carrying a case of water, a bottle of soda, and a bag of what seemed to be groceries.

D-did he go to the store by himself?

Yeonjun immediately stood up and ran over, completely ditching Beomgyu. "Sorry, Gyu-Gyu, but Binnie comes first!"

Beomgyu watched Yeonjun with his mouth agape, feeling heartbroken. "He said that I would always be his top priority even if he had a partner!" He pouted, "liar..."

Taehyun chuckled, scooching himself in front of Beomgyu. "It's alright, Hyung. I won't ditch you like Yeonjun-hyung did."

"..." He knew that Taehyun didn't mean it in any special way, but it made his heart skip a beat. It didn't even sound like anything special, yet he smiled unconsciously.

When he saw that Taehyun went to pick up the first aid kit that Yeonjun left alone, Beomgyu intercepted him, pulling the kit to himself. "It's okay, Hyun-ah, you don't have to help me. I can do it myself."