Chapter 36

ARI'S POV

Areum smiled cheekily as I said something about her present crush. Today, was a nice day, Hyung liked my present and now I am here with Areum and RaIm.

All of a sudden, Areum coughed and choked, blood spurt out of her mouth making me utterly apprehensive.

I quickly took a tissue to wipe that off but she continued coughing. I panicked, "Please call the doctor."

"Yeah, I will," Hyung said and rushed out returning with the doctor.

"It's fine. It's common," the doctor said.

"But it was never this much," I responded, fear lashing through my ribs.

"It's completely normal at this stage."

"No but-" I was interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. I looked back at Suga Hyung and felt myself calming down a bit.

"I may take my leave," the doctor said and RaIm escorted him out.

I sighed and glanced towards Areum who had a pained expression on making me even more despondent.

"Are you hurting somewhere?" I asked.

She shook her head, "Sorry Unnie, I ruined your day."

No you didn't. You didn't. I love you.

"Doesn't work. Maybe make me feel better," I faked a smile.

"How?"

"It's my birthday, where's my gift?"

She smiled brightly, "Yeah." She pulled out something from her pillow cover.

"Close your eyes and show me your hand."

I complied and felt something travelling up my palm to my wrist.

"Now open."

I saw a cute bracelet on my wrist with her and my initials - 'A.A.'

She smiled toothily. "I made it," she said proudly.

"Ooooo," I cooed, "Woah, that's cute now."

Ra Im entered back, "Am I missing something?" And yet we conversed for not more than five minutes before I realised that she needed rest. I didn't want to leave yet but I had to, for her sake.

"Sleep now little Bambi," I said. No lie, she looks like Bambi, her eyes were as big.

"Oh Unnie, BTS has announced their come back for day after," she excitedly said.

"I know."

"Woah, I cannot wait. I am a fan of Soo. He is just like you. If you were male, you would look exactly like him. You think he is your long lost twin."

I felt my blood freeze in my veins when I gave a nervous chuckle, "Stop using your last two braincells on this and just sleep. I have to leave."

"So soon?"

"Just sleep," I said tucking her in bed and we all moved out of the ward. My heart ached in the moment, and it was so agonizing for me. RaIm hugged me once, "Happy Birthday. Take care."

"Thanks," I replied simply.

She walked to the hostel, that was just beside the hospital. She was actually a student here.

I sighed and composed myself.

"You alright?" Suga Hyung asked abruptly and I nodded, pressing my lips in a thin line.

"Oh. There's a washroom there, I'll just change, gimme a second," I said in a hurry and ran to the washroom.

My hand covered my mouth to muffle my sobs. The two 'A's dangling on my bracelet, clanking against each other as I did so. I cannot watch her hurting, I want her to be fit and run around as merrily as she did earlier. My eyes filled with tears when I heard a knock.

"How are you changing without taking your clothes? Here, I brought them for you," Suga Hyung said and my lips parted in the epiphany.

Idiot.

"Oh sorry," I mumbled and opened the door a little only for my hand to creep out and take the paperbag from his hands. I wiped off my face as much as I could and changed back into Soo.

Everything will be fine. It has to be.

I walked out and he was waiting for me. My heart swelled on witnessing that. A little guilty and a lot grateful.

"Thank you Hyung," I said with a complete 90° bow.

"No need," he said and walked towards the car with me following him.

The car ride was silent, neither of us tried to converse and I was actually liking the silence. Watching the landscape that was passing by so quick, this too shall pass.

We reached back in no time.

"So, it was your birthday and you didn't tell us?" He asked while unbuckling his seat belt.

"Soo's birthday is in December."

"I was talking about your birthday," he insisted.

"Umm..." I was embarrassed, I had no response and hence disconnected our eye contact to look at my hands on my lap.

I heard him sigh, "I don't even have a present."

"You don't have to," I mumbled.

I suddenly felt something soft pressing against my cheeks. My eyes widened and I felt adrenaline pump through my veins. Instinctively, I turned towards him and he was just inches away from me.

"Happy Birthday," he whispered in a low, sexy voice. Just hearing it, gave me chills.

I gulped, feeling the movement of my pharynx. Did he just kiss me? Yes he did. My heart was fluttering and my stomach just took a damned flip, making me utterly flustered.

He smiled angelically and went out nonchalantly as if he did not just kiss me. As if he did not just made my heart pound. As if he did not just made me fall for him.

•••

(A/N: Double update 💜)