Chapter 7

I wake up, feeling cold. I sit up and notice Pierson is gone. I look around and don't see him anywhere.

I stand up and peek into the kitchen.

I hear a door from upstairs shut.

He's all the way upstairs.

I look over and see the keys to his Jeep hanging up next to the door. I grab them without a second thought and bolt out the door. I get to the driver's side when I see Pierson coming out the front door fast. I swing the door open and press the lock button.

"KAYDENCE," he demands while pulling at the door handle. I press the button to turn on the engine and throw it in reverse while racing out of the driveway and down the street.

I don't even have my seat belt on.

Tears brim in my eyes, I did it.

I look over and see Pierson running after me. He is keeping up too well. I stare at him in the rearview and my heart clenches.

I force myself to push forward and press the pedal further and further down until I reach the gate.

I keep my finger on the lock button and roll down the window.

"Hi, I need to get out," I tell them while glancing in my rearview. Pierson is gone. I lost him.

"Why do you have Alpha Pierson's car?" the man asks.

"Because I'm his mate," I say confidently.

"No shit," he grins.

"Yeah, and I am trying to get back to campus for class so he let me borrow his Jeep," I easily lie.

"Thanks Kai," I hear Pierson say, making me scream.

"She could have fooled me," he replies while laughing.

I roll up my window as Pierson approaches. He's holding the spare fob in his hand.

I look at the gate and my foot inches near the pedal. If I don't make it through at least I can say I tried. Before I can push down, I am being ripped out of the driver's seat.

Pierson carries me to the passenger side and belts me in.

I say nothing and he's silent as well but I can feel the anger radiating off of him.

He gets in the driver side and throws the Jeep in reverse. He then turns around and heads back to his house and my prison.

We pull into the driveway, neither of us has spoken a word to the other. I haven't even looked at him.

He gets out and slams the door making me jump. He comes around my side and lifts me out. He then takes my arm and leads me back into the house.

I try to pull my arm away but he grips tighter. I stop walking and in one swift movement he throws me over his shoulder.

"Put me down," I demand as we enter the front door.

He kicks the door shut, sets me down, and pushes me against the wall.

"That was so reckless Kaydence! You were driving 50 miles over the speed limit and weren't even wearing a seatbelt. You can't leave this territory. You won't. You won't even leave this house until you earn it back," he growls.

"I'll do whatever I want!" I shout.

"No, you won't," he demands while pulling me from the door. He then types in a code on the keypad near the wall.

"You won't and you can't," he calmly states while walking away from the door.

I examine the keypad and go to open the door. I unlock it, but it won't unlock at least not fully.