Available Now (Book II)

BOOK II: The Kaydence Escape

I let the tears spill out of my eyes as I watch the following events unfold.

My dad pulls out a gun. Pierson reacts quick and shoves his arm up so the shot fires over their heads. Egan is shielding me before I can blink.

Noah throws a punch at Pierson. My dad aims the gun towards Egan, towards me.

I hear my voice screaming stop. I'm holding up my hand and Egan is pushing me further and further back.

I watch my dad's soul break into a million pieces when I try to shield Egan from the shot as he tries to shield me.

He holds the gun to his head. CLICK.

The ringing in my ears didn't stop when Egan threw me in his truck. It didn't stop when the detective asked me what happened or to recall the events leading up to that moment. It most definitely didn't stop on the ride back to my apartment or when Pierson and Egan begged me to speak or to say anything.

It stopped when I curled into Egan's side last night. I could hear again. What I couldn't stop was the image in my head of the trigger being pulled. The look in my father's eyes before there was nothing left of him to see.

______________________________

Head over to my profile to see what happens next - The Kaydence Escape is book 2, then you can find more answers in the Novela :)

Much Love,

A.Lynn