Chapter 10

I wake up and Pierson's gone.

The bedroom door is cracked so I walk over to it.

"She had a long night. I am going to let her sleep as long she wants," I hear Pierson argue.

I walk to the bathroom and then look at myself in the mirror. My eyes are puffy and my hair is a mess. I comb through it with my fingers while I use the toilet.

I then wash my hands and splash some cold water on my face. I glance over at the pile of clothes still on the sink. I change into a pair of navy-blue leggings and a white zip-up sweater.

I quietly walk out of the bathroom and head a little way down the hall.

"You will not," I hear Egan growl.

I stop in the bedroom doorway and glance at the window. Pierson had to shut the alarm off last night. I walk over to it and pull it up. To my surprise, it pops open. I climb out and look down.

It would be a far jump. I sit down on the edge of the roof and contemplate my decision. Am I at this point in my training? Surely having two mates justifies the last resort.

"Don't Kaydence," I hear Pierson shout while standing on the lawn. I look down at him and swing my legs back up onto the roof. I stand up and continue to look into his eyes. Should I jump?

Two strong arms grab me and pull me back from the ledge. Sparks are shooting through my entire body.

Egan leads me back to the window, but turns me to face him before we climb back in.

"Have you been crying? He asks while running his thumbs underneath my puffy eyes.

"Don't touch me," I say while pushing past him and climbing through the window and back into Pierson's room.

I walk out of his room and down the stairs just as Pierson comes through the front door. He quickly sets the alarm and then spins around to look at me.

"You were going to jump," he accuses while putting his hands on my shoulders.

"I thought about it," I emotionlessly reply while watching the anger flooding his green eyes turn into concern.

"You would have gotten hurt," he demands.

"It was worth a shot," I reply. He is now dragging me into the kitchen. Egan is standing at the bottom of the stairs watching our interaction.

"What would you like for breakfast. Not eating isn't an option," he states while pushing me down in a chair.

"I'm not hungry," I say while getting up out of the chair.

Egan blocks me from leaving the kitchen.

"Here these are unopened," Pierson says while pulling out different cereal options.

"Why do you even have cereal," I mutter while opening the box of captain crunch.

He ignores me and sets out a bowl and spoon. I pour some cereal into the bowl and Pierson hands me the milk.

I pour some in and hand it back to him. I then take my bowl and sit back down at the table. Pierson sits directly in front of me and Egan sits to his right.

"We want to discuss how this is going to work," Pierson tells me.

I move the cereal around in my bowl, but don't eat it. I look up at Pierson and narrow my eyes at him.

"How what's going to work?" I question.

"You will have to pick one of us to be your mate," he tells me.