Chapter 11

After what felt like hours of deliberation we came up with a plan. Each week on Friday the "switch would happen." So, this Friday Pierson will drop me off at class and I will leave class with Egan.

At any time, I could request to spend more time with one of them. I could also request nights at my apartment.

I asked if I would get any time without either of them watching over me and they finally landed on possibly if I gained their trust.

I can fake this for the rest of the semester. Just 14 weeks.

"I'll see you Friday Kaydence," Egan told me while standing up from his chair.

"Okay," I nodded while remaining in my seat.

Egan left leaving Pierson and I alone for the first time today.

"What do you want to do today?" Pierson asks me.

"Can I have my phone back?" I ask him.

"Why do you need your phone?" he asks me.

"I want to text Keelie," I reply.

"If I give your phone, will you do something in return for me?" he questions.

"Like what?" I respond.

"I want you to try. Open up your mind to this," he pleads.

"I already told you and Egan," I begin to say.

"But mean it Kaydence. Try to see what we can bring to your life," he urges.

"Okay," I bargain. It's not like he'll know when I'm faking it.

He nods and then heads upstairs. A moment later he is back with my backpack.

I dig through it and find my phone and power it on.

I read through the frantic updates from Keels.

I call her instantly.

"KAYDE," she screams into the phone. I tear up at the sound of her voice.

"It's me," I smile while walking over to the couch and sitting down.

"How are you holding up? I've been with your parents this whole time. They just left like an hour ago," she speed talks.

"I'm doing better now that we have more of a timeline and arrangement," I reply. Pierson comes and sits next to me.

"So can you come back to your apartment at all?" she asks.

I glance over at Pierson who can obviously hear everything she is saying.

"Yeah, but probably not alone," I tell her.

"Leave it to you to have two mates when I can't even find one," she groans.

"You can have the one I don't pick," I laugh without thinking but quickly dart to my eyes to Pierson to gauge his reaction.

I'm stunned to see he's actually laughing and shaking his head at me. I'm sure he's just happy to hear by saying that it means one of them will be picked. Exactly what I want him to think, I'm opening up my mind.

"Well, I would love to meet them. You should come downtown tonight," she suggests.

"You've technically met Pierson and Egan is our guest speaker next week in class," I reply.

"Well, you should still come. I bet they would love to see your drunk dance moves," she laughs.

"It's actually just Pierson and I this week. They are taking turns with me, like a divorced couple," I laugh.

"Well bring Pierson," she chants.

I look over at him.

"PLEASE," she begs.

Pierson holds out his hand for the phone. I look at his hand and then his face.

"He wants to talk to you," I tell her.

"Yay put him on," she cheers.

"Hi Keelie?" he confirms.

"I see. Well, if Kaydence wants to, I don't see why not," he shrugs.

I stare at him in shock and then nod my head.

"We'll meet you there at 9:00," he agrees.

He hands the phone back to me, but has already hung up.

"We're going?" I ask.

"I would love to see more of you with her. That's the first time I've seen you relaxed and yourself since knowing you," he replies.

"She's been my best friend for 20 years," I smile.

"That's a long time. So, she wants a mate?" he asks.

I turn to face him on the couch and cross my legs. My knees are touching the side of his leg, making me feel safe.

"It's the one topic we agree to disagree on," I honestly tell him.

"Why does she want one?" he asks.

I think about it for a moment.

"I think she wants a relationship. She wants a boyfriend. I think she wants to find a soul mate and so if she has a mate out there, she would have someone like that," I say.

"Why don't you want that?" he asks.

"I don't know that I believe in the soul mate thing," I tell him.

He turns himself on the couch and grabs my hands in his.

"But you feel that?" he asks.

"Yes," I say.

"Why did you think Egan was me in the woods?" he asks.

"He sniffed me and when his nose touched me it felt like this," I say while looking at our hands.

"Exactly. It's our natural pull to each other or to our mate," he explains.

"I know that you manipulate emotions. I've seen Thomas do it to Adriana. I don't want that. I don't someone to control my every move," I tell him while pulling my hands from his.

"We can't manipulate emotions. If I could do that you never would have run away," he replies.

I think about that for a moment. Since being here Pierson hasn't been able to change my anger or even my anxiety.

"So that's not true?" I ask.

"No. I can feel some of your emotions. It's not strong yet because you are not marked and we are not fully mated. When I touch you," he goes on and grabs my hand again, "then I can feel your current emotion."

"What's my current emotion?" I test him.

"Confusion and some sadness," he replies.

"That sums it up," I nod.

"Can I help clear up some of the confusion? he asks.

"How do I have two mates?" I ask.

"You have a split aura. It's like two different scents. My wolf is attracted to one while Egan's the other," he starts to explain.

"Is it half and half or is one stronger than the other?" I ask.

"I like to think it's half and half, but it's unclear," he responds.

"Okay," I nod.

"Anything else?" he asks.

"Do you have a hair straightener here?" I ask.

He laughs and then takes my hand and leads my upstairs. I can't wait to see Keelie tonight.

__________________________________

Pierson and Kaydence out on the town?

Predictions?

Much Love,

A.Lynn