32~ Scared

"So you're together again, just like that?" Remi asked as we talked on my bed.

"Yeah, it's a little awkward. It's definitely not like how it was when we first got together, but it's working and that's what matters. I still love him, I never stopped and I never will"

"I wish Carter and I were like that" she frowned.

I looked at her like she was crazy. Her and Carter are very much in love. I think they'll always love each other. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I mean you and Will are the love story of the century. Everyone knew that the breakup wouldn't last especially when you saw each other again. Carter can't even handle the thought of me living so far away much less me actually leaving." Her eyes were glazed with tears.

"He'll get over it then. Carter makes big deals out of some things. He's just dramatic. Trust me it'll work out." I rubbed her knee comfortingly.

"What if it doesn't, Cora?" She cried. "What if we can't handle it like you and Will? He's the love of my life and I couldn't stand to lose him. I'm not going to accept Colombia."

I looked at her like she was crazy. I began to think she was going crazy.

"Rem, why would you do that? It's your dream school."

"Cora, you of all people should understand wanting to go to the same college as your boyfriend. Aren't you going to Notre Dame? Why is my situation any different?"

I shook my head. "Remi, don't do this. Don't talk yourself out of your dream school for some guy. I know he's the love of your life and I know he's my brother, but he's a guy. He's dumb and he makes mistakes. Because I am your best friend, I want you to know that I don't want you caught up in a mistake. Don't make a mistake and change schools because of Carter."

"But I love him"

I hugged her. "I know Rem, and I love Will. But sometimes a little space is good for a relationship."

"A little space? 2000 miles is not a little space. Cor I can't do it. I'm sorry but I can't. Where I go to school isn't that important." She panicked.

"Are you okay? Is there something else wrong with you that I should know about?"

She took a deep breath and looked at me with tears pooling in her eyes. She almost look ashamed or  embarrassed. "I think I'm pregnant"

My eyes widened in shock. I gasped unconsciously in reaction.

"I knew I shouldn't have told you. You're disgusted, aren't you?" She cried.

I shook my head. "No no. I'm just a little surprised. I didn't know you and Carter were at that stage, but it's not my business. Why do you think you're pregnant?"

"My period is almost a week late already and I'm scared something happened. We were safe but something could've happened." She said through her tears.

"Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?" I asked slowly.

"I'm too scared. What if it's positive?"

"Then Carter and you will make a decision. Have you told Carter yet?" I asked.

She shook her head head and sniffled. I thought of a plan for a second. Carter needs to know, but he's not here. The only one here is Dad and I'm not going to ask him to buy pregnancy tests.

"Okay I'm going to go to the store and get you some pregnancy tests and I'll come back for you to take them. Do you want to come with me or stay here and process everything?" I asked her.