Prologue

Wendy's POV
6 years ago
There isn't much time. I have to do this now. I have to leave. I have to leave with my Francisca and I'll finally be happy.

I'm packing my bag right now. I'll soon go to Francisca's room and pack hers. It's a good thing that Zach is on a business trip. He made things a lot easier for me.

I finish packing my bag and I head to Francisca's room. She's sleeping peacefully while I pack her bag.

I know that what I'm doing is right. It has to be. I'm not happy here and if I'm not happy then my kids won't be happy. Especially my girl. She's so small and fragile and innocent and if I'm gonna leave, it's not gonna be without her.

I've been miserable for years now with Zachary. We fight all the time. I can't remember the last time we had a proper conversation without one of us screaming at the other. So this is for the best. It has to be.

I head to Fran's bed to wake her up. "Hey baby" I say softly "it's time to wake up".

Francisca stirs. "Mommy?" She says. My 10 year old looks around her room with an adorable sleepy expression. "What time is it?" She asks. I sigh, "it's time to wake up sweetheart". "But it's still dark, mommy". "I know sweetie, but I need you to wake up, we are leaving". "Leaving?" She asks. "What? Why?". "I'll explain later, but all you need to know right now is that we're going on a little trip".

I help Francisca get up from the bed and she eyes the suitcases. "Are we going for a long trip?" She asks. I chuckle "yes hun, a very long trip". I pick out her clothes and tell her to get ready quickly. She goes into the bathroom in her room and a few minutes later she comes out.

I grab her hand and head downstairs, careful not to make any sounds so I don't wake up the twins or any of the maids. I head to the door and just as I was about to open it, Francisca asks me "mom? What about Ivan and Dan? Aren't you gonna wake them up?"

I look at Francisca and smile softly. "It's a girls trip sweetheart, so it's just the two of us" I say. "Really?" She asks. "Yes" I answer. "But I want to bring Dan and Ivan, mommy pleeeease" she begins to whine. "Francisca be quite!" I whisper yell. She does as I say. I sigh "your brothers are going to be fine without us for a little while" I say. "They're big boys are they not?" I ask. She nods. I smile at her and open the door.

Fran and I walk for a few miles when we finally reach the bus station. I feel good. Well not good good. Francisca has been whining about how tired she is of walking this whole time but I'm finally leaving California and taking a bus to a small town in Virginia called Ark Ville. I get on the bus with Fran and settle in.

My husband...- well ex husband once he finds and signs the divorce papers I left him on our bed- is a powerful man. He is CEO of Hill Corporation, so he might have a lot of recourses to find us. However, I took my precautions. My family might be against this or they definitely will be, so I never really thought about asking them for help in doing this but I have some powerful friends too. My best friend Donna Carlyle. She is the CEO of her design company and she has some powerful connections, and by powerful connections I mean money, money that will allow me and my daughter to not be found by Zach. I officially changed our last name last night from Hill to Griffin so that's good.

I don't want us after the divorce to fight about the kid's custody, especially when I know that he would win in the end. Not just because of his money and influence but because of my mental health. I'm bipolar and because of that a lot of people in my life have underestimated me, thought that I wasn't as capable to do certain things. I know Zach would mention something about me not taking meds regularly these days to win custody but I AM NOT giving him the chance to do this to me. I'm taking Francisca and he keeps the boys, they need their father. I think this could be fair.

Of course it sucks and I feel really bad about leaving Dan and Ivan behind but, I think this is for the best, they'll learn to live with out me and without Fran.
***********************************************
Hey everyone! This is my first story published here! I hope you enjoy!