Chapter 8

Dan's POV
*Flashback to 7 years ago*

I'm playing video games in my room ignoring my maths homework that's sitting on my desk untouched when my door bursts open and Little 9 year old Francisca jumps on me and attacks me.

She's on top of me and I groan when  she says "Dan! Dan! Can you come play with me?" She asks.

I get her off of  me, "no can do sis, I'm in the middle of something" I bring my attention back to the tv screen and continue playing.

"Come ooooon!" Francisca whines. "Please danny, you've been playing for hours and hooouuurrrss" .

"Stop whining you baby, I don't want to play with you" I say "and calling me Danny isn't gonna work anymore" I continue narrowing my eyes at her. She pouts as I roll my eyes.

I hate it when she calls me Danny, she always calls me that when she wants something like go play with her or if she wants the last chocolate chip cookie that I was about to eat. She calls me Danny and gives me those puppy dog eyes of hers and I just do whatever she wants and I'm not falling for it anymore, I refuse!

When Francisca sees that I'm unresponsive she begins to shake me "danny danny danny" she keeps saying until I respond, I try to ignore her but god no one told me having a little sister would be this annoying.

"Don't you have anyone else to annoy?" I say frustratingly.

"Nope!" She says "Ivan already kicked me out of his room" she continues.

Of course he did.

"Well I'm kicking you out of mine too" I say "so you know get out".

She pouts and gives me her puppy dog eyes again.

" come on Danny I just wanna play with you, is that so wrong?"

"Yes" I say as I give her a deadpanned look then look back at the screen again.

"How about i play video games with you?"

"No" I say again.

When I don't hear anything from her I glance her way and see her looking at me with a sad look on her face.

No! This is one of her tricks to get me to do what she wants, I. Am. Not. Falling  for it.

After a few more seconds I hear her sigh. "Okay Danny, I'm gonna stop bothering you" I look at her stunned.

Did it work? Did I really succeed in saying no to my little sister? This is a cause for celebration.

But as she gets up and heads for the door, I began to feel guilty, I mean she just wanted to spend some time with me, I guess it wouldn't hurt if she hung out here a bit.

I sigh and stop her from leaving my room when I say. " wait" she stops and turns around "I guess you can watch me play for a bit" I say.

I see her face light up and she rushes at my side and looks at the screen then at me smiling, and heck seeing her smile makes me smile as much as I would like to deny that.

I guess I was never gonna be successful in saying no to my sister at least not anytime soon.

*end of flashback*
Still Dan's POV

It has been 4 weeks since school started and 4 weeks since my father started spending more and more time with Ivan and me.

Ivan is still an asshole about it but I can tell it's just an act now. He's just as glad about the changes that occurred as I am. However, something is definitely wrong with him lately, he seems always distracted, especially at school it's like he's looking for something...or someone.