Chapter 10

Dan's POV

Ivan is currently in the principal's office along with William Bradly. The guy he had a fight with.

I have no idea what happened, why Ivan beat him up so bad, why the fight started in the first place.

I guess it's not exactly new behavior. He's gotten into fights before, both in and out of school.

I was in my own thoughts when I see dad coming my way.

We make eye contact and I stand up from my chair.

"What happened?" Dad asks, he sounds totally pissed.

"I don't know" I shrug.

Dad nods and gives my shoulder a squeeze and heads inside.

Once he does I notice Violet's friend to my right,  a few feet away from me looking at the principle's door. What is she doing here?

Just then a man and woman, who I presume are William's parents head inside too, not paying me any attention.

I bring my attention back to Francisca and just stare at her. Seriously, why is she here?

Did here friends send her to find out what happened or something? That's just annoying.

Finally, she notices me and her eyes widen.

I look at her confused.

"Francisca right?" I ask.

She nods and looks anywhere but at me.

"Um what are you doing here if you don't mind me asking" I say laughing nervously, because seriously, what is happening right now.

"Um..." she says, I wait for her to continue but when she says nothing, I sigh.

"Listen, I don't care if you're curious or nosy or what, but can you please leave? None of this concerns you". I say getting annoyed.

She nods and I think that she's gonna leave like I told her to, but she just keeps nodding her head muttering something.

I can see tears falling from her eyes, and I'm kind of stunned. Why the hell is she crying?

After a few moments she speaks again and what she says confuses if not shocks me.

"Danny" she says with tears continuing to fall from her eyes. She sounds so....desperate, but desperate for what?

And Wha- why is she- I never told her my name have I?

And why would she call me Danny we met once, even if she knew me as Daniel or Dan, it doesn't make sense for her to call me that, unless she's trying to flirt or something but it definitely doesn't look like it right now.

So I just sit there looking at her even more confused.

She called me Danny.

Her name is Francisca....

"Danny" she repeats still sobbing.

And the realization hits me. No, it can't be.

I stand up from the shock that I'm sure is clear on my face.

Is she....my sister?

I look at her face some more, and...yeah...I feel tears in my eyes now too.