Chapter 31

Matt's POV

It's been two days since my talk with Ivan. Three days since what happened with Zach...happened.

And I've still not gotten back there. Fran is getting suspicious about it.

For weeks, I've spent a lot of my time at Zach's house and now I'm barley there.....I'm actually not there at all. So, it's not surprising that Fran is questioning it.

I just don't think things can go back to normal. Not after the......kiss.

I'm glad it's the weekend so I can just sit back and relax and not have to think abou-

And my thoughts are cut off by a knock on the door.

Son of a bitch.

I head for the door that keeps being knocked on frantically.

"I'm coming!" I shout at the person at the other side of this door.

Once I reach the door I yank it open and I am met with a short old lady. She has a golden bob with bangs and is wearing a purple fancy dress that I think I've only seen the (former) queen of England wear on the internet.

She has green eyes and her skin is quite frail.

I frown "can I help you?" I ask.

"Uh, yes I believe you can" she responds "are you by any chance...Matthew Parker?"

"Yes, I am"

The old lady smiles a small smile "then I suppose we are family" she says.

I tilt my head in confusion.

She mimics my head tilt and brings out her hands to shake mine and my hand does the same automatically.

"I'm Wendy's mother, Agatha."

Well shit.

____

Wendy's mother and I are sitting in silence after I ushered her inside the apartment and brought her a cup of tea when she dropped a big bomb on me.

Wendy's mother. Which technically makes her my mother in law.

Wendy barley spoke about her family. Every time I asked her about them she said that they were just never close.

I don't know if I should still be believing the things that Wendy might have said but I just....never expected this visit.

"I know this visit might be.....unexpected." She says.

Unexpected is right.

I clear my throat "I'm- yes- I suppose so" I say.

She raises an eyebrow at me "you suppose?"

A pause while I contemplate how I should approach this. Wendy never prepared me to meet her parents okay?!

"Okay, I never really thought that I'd get to meet you ma'm...Wendy never really spoke about you or her father."

Agatha-Wendy's mother- gets a sad look on her face. "Yes, well, our relationship with Wendy is complicated to say the least." A pause but I feel she still has things to say.

"We aren't-weren't close as you have probably guessed, I didn't even know she and Francisca were back until one of her old friends told me.