Chapter 11

Third Person POV

Dan and Francisca are walking in silence. Dan is leading them to an ice cream place as he said it would be the perfect place to talk. Francisca was feeling all kinds of emotions about this "talk" though.

She was extremely nervous, and so excited, she wanted this for so long, she wanted to speak to her brother, catch up, she wanted him in her life again. But a part of her couldn't help but be begging for an escape. Was she ready to have this talk? She is just so so scared to talk to her own brother. How sad is that?

Dan has been subtlety stealing glances at her as they walked, he still couldn't quite wrap his head around the fact that his little sister is finally with him. She was right next him, they were freaking going to an ice cream shop together and just talk, like they always did way back when.

He saw the look on his sister's face, he saw how nervous she was. That's why he was waiting to ask the questions that he wanted to ask once they settled somewhere, and maybe while eating some comfort food, hence the ice cream.

They finally reached the ice cream place. They went in and headed to order their ice cream.

"Welcome!" The worker said "what can I get you?" He asked.

"Hey" Dan said, "i would like a mint chocolate chip please, and my sister here would like a mango flavored ice cream" he says.

And Francisca's eyes widen then soften, he remembered her favorite ice cream flavor, Well it shouldn't be THAT much of a surprise, she thought, She always asked for this one whenever they went to get ice cream in the past.

Dan gets the order and hands Francisca her ice cream. She whispers a small thank you, not even sure if he heard her, but he gave her a small smile and a nod that confirms he did.

They sit down at a table and Dan just looks at her for a few seconds then takes a spoon full of his ice cream.

"So..." he says. "So...." Francisca responds.

She looks at her brother and it seems to her like he is suddenly at a loss for words, he doesn't know what to say anymore.

Dan was so confident going into this but now that he actually sat down with his baby sister, his mind went blank. Maybe it's because of the nervousness.

He shakes that nervous feeling away, and clears his throat. Preparing to make the first real and proper conversation he and his sister would have in 6 years.

"How have you been?" Dan asked, it seemed to be a good place to start.

"Good good...you?" Francisca asks in turn, this couldn't be more awkward for her, both of them had things they want to say, questions they want to ask, but are too into their own head to do anything.

"Good" Dan responds.

Francisca nods, waiting for him to drop on her his big questions, that she has no idea if she'll be able to answer.

"Where have you been all this time?" Dan asks.

"Um..Virginia" Francisca says. "A small town called Ark Ville".

Dan takes a deep breath and nods, okay now that he got that out of the way, he was going to get to the real hard questions. Especially a question that has been weighing on his mind since the conversation he had with his dad and twin.

"Did you know where we were? Did you know how to contact us?" Dan hoped that maybe his sister was oblivious to how to contact them, that she didn't have an Instagram account or something, he wished and wished that his sister didn't deliberately stay away from them.