4

Eric

The feel of her lips against his was a punch he felt all the way to his core

The feel of her lips against his was a punch he felt all the way to his core. They were incredibly soft and unlike anything he'd ever experienced. Eric wasn't a sentimental person, at least he'd thought so but with her body flush against his and her curves moulding to him he felt transcendent.

It was a barely-there kiss, hesitant on his part, and yet in that single moment, he felt like he'd just been rewritten. Like he'd been waiting all his life for this moment and everything before had just been preparing him for the awakening that she heralded.

Pleasure he hadn't counted on, shot from that small touch straight to his heart. His hand tightened on her wrists as he pressed himself harder against her. Her soft moan mingled with the groan that he couldn't help and for that instant, their breaths were one. It felt as if his magic became self-aware and sought to bind her to him even more. Threads that echoed and resonated within his blood like nothing ever had.

It felt too good, too much for him that he had to regroup. He parted their lips before he was even remotely satisfied. Keeping his eyes closed for a moment longer to regain his balance. When he opened his eyes he was transfixed once more by her and he knew he was lost.

She looked utterly stunning, her defiance radiating her sienna-brown skin to a lustrous glow. Daniella was beautiful, Eric had never thought he'd find any female beautiful other than a dragon. Yet he couldn't deny that she was the most beautiful female he'd ever met.

Her skin was smooth, a light brown with a creamy reddish tone. Her angular face should've made her look more masculine but it only lent strength to her beauty. She had high and graceful cheekbones that gave her a regal cast, a slightly upturned nose with lips that were full and defined. Dani also had more curves than the females he was used to.

In all, his mate looked the part of a princess, one that was more warrior than the fragile beauty dragons preferred. Most of all she didn't look at him like he was the answer to all her prayers. It surprised him that he'd find that aspect of her attractive.

"Is that all you got?" She challenged despite the fact that her voice came out breathless. "That wasn't much of a kiss."

"I want to kiss you more than anything," he admitted, his voice coming out as a hoarse whisper. An answering fire bloomed in her eyes and he could tell she was anticipating him doing that. Looking at the invitation their parted aspect showed, it took all his willpower not to. 

"Why don't you?" She asked in a sultry tone.

It was a tone that lit his body on fire and had him shifting his body as it tightened as if on a string controlled by her. He smiled, "I get the sense that you might bite me or something."

Her answering smile was alluring, pleased and dangerous. It was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen and he groaned, almost forgetting his resolve to seduce her. "Now what would make you believe that?" She purred.