12. Pink, cotton panties.

Ivy.

"Vera," the sweet voice rings in my head as I force my eyes to open. A bright light slams my face and I raise my hand to cover my eyes.

I groan. I want to turn but my body hurts.

"Mmh," I hum, immediately a faint headache kicks in.

"Ivy?" A male voice calls out.

I look around the room, it has a lot of light and from what I can see, there are a couple of novels on the wooden side table, a closet in a corner, and a gigantic mirror. My eyes land upon my reflection and I'm surprised to see someone seated next to me. I want to gasp and get dramatic, but my throbbing head stops me.

"Hey." He smiles.

I avert my gaze from my mirror image to him. He gently pushes long strands of hair out of my face, reminding me how warm his hands are as they graze over my skin.

I don't question him about where I am right now, I only stare into his beautiful eyes and force a smile. I lay my head over my arm and the fact that I stretched it feels like all the bones in there are broken or dislocated.

"My body hurts," I complain.

His eyebrows shoot up. "What else hurts?"

"Nothing, just my body."

He nods in understanding and for a moment his thick eyebrows marry with confusion. I want to ask what is wrong with him but I hold back, I only take my time to stare. He seems relaxed in a bushy green cotton sweater and some faded jeans.

"Levi, where am I?" I ask, suddenly aware of the grey bedsheets I'm covered in.

"Ivy, do you remember anything from last night?" he questions.

I squint my eyes. I remember some of it; I went to a party last night at Eve's house, we had drinks - a lot of drinks. At some point, I drooled over Leah's muscular body.

"Ivy?" Levi calls and I realize I just zoned out.

I clear my throat. "Yes."

Suddenly, his face changes from relaxed to tense and horrified.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Tell me everything you remember."

"I went to a party, and I'm pretty sure Mom's going to shout at me because I got mad drunk. Was my first time you know." I chuckle.

"That's all?"

"Yes, that's all I remember, how did I end up here? Did we?" I sweep my hand between us. He gives me a funny look.

I just embarrassed myself.

"No, your mother asked me to pick you up from the party," he says.

"Where is she now? Does she know I'm here? Is she worried about me? Fuck, I shouldn't have stayed out so late, I should have called her," I mumble, Levi, on the other hand, lets me have the floor and only stares.

He waits for me to finish then he responds, much more relaxed than I expect and it's somehow annoying.

"Your mother knows you're here, you need to see her though. She probably misses you." He gives me a tight-lipped smile. "Are you hungry?"

"No." Not a second later, my stomach rumbles signaling that in fact, I am hungry and I just lied about it.

"I see." Levi chuckles and my cheeks burn.

"I will ask mother to make you some soup for the body pains and dinner too. Can you walk?" He furrows his eyebrows. I have no idea if I can walk or not.

"Of course." I kick the covers off my feet and the first thing that appears in view are my pink, cotton panties. Fucking goodness.

My hands move to pull down the sundress which slid up over the night, I guess. How did I sleep like a monster in someone else's bed? As soon as I dress and conceal my embarrassment, I turn to Levi.

I am shocked that he does not seem troubled at all. Perhaps he did not see. If he did, he plays it cool.

"Ready?" he asks even when his voice comes out low.

I nod, I might just sound like a bird, at the moment I don't trust my voice. Without another word, Levi grabs my wrist and leads me out of bed. The moment I step onto that cold floor, I feel a sharp pain from the sides of my abdomen. I gasp and fall back, luckily Levi is present to hold me still.

"Are you alright?" He eyes me with such care and concern. God, Can we get married already? Speaking of marriage, are Eve and Adam really getting married? I can't believe that story.

"Yes," I speak and nod. Without asking, he places his hand around my waist and we make our way down the staircase. Where the fuck are my shoes?

"Ah, look who it is, Ivy!" Sandy welcomes me with a warm smile and her arms are spread in what seems to be a hug coming my way. I'm surprised by how happy she seems.

"Hi," I greet as Levi slowly lets me go.

"The soup, she can have it with dinner, of course," Levi informs Sandy.

"Of course." She smiles and wraps her arms around me. Before I can return the gesture she pulls away and helps me to sit on the couch. Why are these people treating me like I'm sick? I only have a hangover and it's a normal thing once you turn into a drunkard overnight.

"I will see you later," Levi whispers to me. I want to ask where he is going, leaving me here with his mom but I nod and stay quiet.

"Here you go, drink up." Sandy places a bowl of brownish-greenish soup in my hands. It looks disgusting.

I look back at her. "What is this?"

"It's an ancient Chinese soup, it will help with the body pains," she explains with a smile on her face.

How the hell does she know all this? Skeptically, I look back at the soup. Steam rises from it and my stomach turns.

"Can I get a spoon?" I ask. Sandy raises a perfect eyebrow, she knows I'm stalling.

"Trust me, Ivy, I wouldn't do anything terrible. Just trying to help."

Fair enough. I place the bowl to my lips and reluctantly sip from it. To my surprise it's not as disgusting as it looks to my eyes, it tastes like a mixture of sugar, salt, and spice or something. But it's not bad and I'm not going to throw up, at least that we know.

"Levi talked about dinner?"

"Oh, hungry?"

"No, what time is it?" I ask.

"Eight in the evening," Sandy informs me.

Have I been sleeping this whole time?

"You slept the entire day," she explains as though she just read my mind.

"What?" I place a hand on my head, suddenly feeling dizzy. I can see the bowl spinning on its own and Sandy is uttering something I can't understand. "I want to go home...."

"Child....bad....out....clean....be free." I pick some of the words Sandy is mumbling but not everything.

I'm unable to connect anything and it's annoying, finally, I give in to the overwhelming feeling.

I pass out.

##