Coming home

(Two weeks later)

(Ryker)

It's been two weeks since I last saw Elias. After my visit to his room, the last time, I swore not to go back until I was truly ready. I can't say that I don't miss him though, on days like this, I wish he was here to help me calm down. I had come to the conclusion that that was the reason for my visit to his room before. The mate pull was getting too strong, even for me.

When I was standing next to him, it seemed as if everything was normal. But I had to fuck it up, and now he probably won't even look at me, much less talk to me.

“So you're still killing rogues as a sport?” I heard a voice asked, and I looked up to see Ryland standing there. My mouth fell opened from the shock of seeing my twin here because he was supposed to be in Canada searching for his mate.

“What the Fuck are you doing here?” I asked, after recovering from the shock of seeing him standing here in front of me.

“First of all, your breath smells like death. Second of all, I found my mate at the white falls pack in Brampton. Took me a while, but guess what? My mate is a fucking sixteen-year-old boy.” He replied as if he couldn't believe it.

“So I decided to come back home since I found him, but I have to wait until he's at least eighteen before I can mate with him. I feel like bad luck has been following me around, and goddess knows I have done nothing wrong.” He seethes as he shook his head. I couldn't help it, hugging him was the only thing I had on my mind, so that's what I did.

“Hey now, you have blood all over your clothes.” He whines as he tries to get away from me. Key word try, I didn't let him go, though. Because I missed him like crazy.

“How did you get here without my knowledge, by the way?” I asked as I let him go. Laughing at the sight of blood on his shirt, that he was trying to get rid of but failing miserably. He was only making more mess. He sighed and stopped, then glared at me as if it were my problem.

“I contacted the Shadow Stone Pack, got help from Raina who teleported us here. It was quicker and safer, since I wanted to make sure kai was comfortable enough. You see, when I met my mate he wasn't speaking English, so I had Raina perform some voodoo shit on him to enhance his language so that he could speak English only. So that's what he's doing now, I'm glad I met Raina though. Because she's perfect at what she does.” He replied, and I nodded my head in understanding.

“Have you told mom and dad about your mate as yet?” I asked and he shook his head.

“I wanted it to be a surprise at first, but seeing you here and knowing the type of connection we had, you would have found out soon. So I decided to tell you first and spare the lecture I am certain I would get from you if I didn't let you know beforehand.” I chuckled and patted his shoulder, at least he knew me like the back of his hand.

“But seriously, brother, when are you going to get some fucking help? You can't always kill rogues just because it makes you feel powerful. What if they aren't feral, then what? You'll just take innocent lives like that? I have no doubt that you did that before, but you need some help before it comes back and bite you in the ass.” I raised my eyebrow at him, wondering if he was right. Did I need help? I'm not sure. But I killed because of some power hunger game I wasn't planning on losing anytime soon.

Maybe I have killed innocent rogues before who had probably just been kicked out of their packs and looking to join other packs, but I didn't think of the consequences. All I know is that I didn't like them, hated them to be exact. If I found one near my border, I wouldn't hesitate to kill. I know it sounds messed up, but that's how I'm programmed, and I doubt if I'll ever change.

“Now that you're back, are you planning on taking the Alpha title like you're supposed to?” I asked, changing the topic because I didn't know how to answer him. He scoffed when he realized what I did and started to walk away.

“Yes, That was my original plan. Goddess knows, the alpha here is a fucking madman. So I can't let him rule this pack alone when I know he's getting off on killing rogues.” There he goes, talking as if it weren't me he was referring to.

“Might be mentally ill, who knows? Better sleep with one eye open if I were you.” I replied and he pushed me a little.

“I'm serious Ryker, you need to change your views on rogues. Look at what you did to your mate before, even when you knew he was your mate. You tried to have him killed because in your eyes he was a rogue, a mutt to be precise, and he's fucking innocent. I can bet on my life that he is. So you need to change your views about rogues before it's too late.” I don't even think that's possible. I already had plans to continue killing, and no one was going to stop me.

It was my way of dealing with my problems. I get that that was a strange way, but there is nothing else I truly enjoyed doing. It also helps me in a way I'm sure he wouldn't understand. I knew there was something seriously wrong with me, but I don't think I was that bad where I needed therapy, That was out of the question. Besides, therapy doesn't help, it only makes things worse in my perspective. What I required was some good fuck.

I haven't been with anyone ever since I came back, it didn't feel right. Plus, max was making it hard for me. If I so much as look at a woman here with lust, he would take over until I learned my lesson. He has been doing that often, saying that the only person I should consider being with was Elias. But how can I when he doesn't even want me to touch him?

I sighed as I opened the door and walked inside, with Ryland talking about how hard it was going to be for him to stay away from his mate until he was of age. I wasn't even listening, I had problems of my own to deal with. But I was happy for Ryland and I was happy he finally found his mate.

Now I don't have to worry about him, knowing he has someone who would be there for him. I can't say the same about me though because my mate cannot stand the sight of me and I don't blame him at all.