The mysterious wolf

(Elias)

It's been two days now since I've been searching for Andrea. It's been quiet around here as everyone had their guards up. Lilliana and Samuel decided to join in the search, as well as Brendan and Bryan, ever since they said I was their best friend.

Raina was getting frustrated with the search. Her magic was all over the place and I could tell she was about to lose it any minute now if I didn't do something to calm her down.

“Let's go for a walk.” I suggested after another failed attempt at locating Andrea and she nodded her head. It was raining earlier, but without the lightning and thunder, which was a first in a while. As Raina and I were walking through the forest, I felt the same feeling as I was being watched again and stopped.

“What's going on?” Raina asked as she looks at me with a confused expression on her face.

“I have a feeling like someone is watching me, remember I told you about this before?” I asked, and she nodded her head while looking around. We started to sniff the air, trying to pick up on any scent that shouldn't be there, but there was nothing.

“I don't think anyone's here…" Raina was suddenly cut off by a loud growl when a monstrous wolf suddenly appeared out of nowhere and tackled her to the ground. I shifted instantly and tried to step in, but they were all over the place for me, so I had no other choice but to contact Ryker to let him know what was going on.

No matter how many times I tried to get the situation under control, Raina and this wolf seemed to have no intention of stopping, and I got frustrated. I didn't know what to do as the two of them kept on fighting, Raina finally used her spell to levitate out of the wolf's reach, putting an end to their fight.

Ryker sent me a mind link telling me he was close with Ryland, miles, Damian and Johnathan. He had to reassure Lilliana that he could take care of me because she wanted to come here as well. I didn't know what was going on, why wasn't the wolf attacking me, and what did it want with Raina?

When Ryker arrived with the others, I shifted back into my human form and be handed me the clothes be brought for me. The wolf suddenly disappeared, causing all sort of strings of curse words to leave mile's mouth as he called it a waste of time when he should be home with his mate.

“Why did the wolf attack you, Raina?” Johnathan asked, but Raina was quiet as if she were in shock and didn't know what to do. I grabbed Raina's hand and asked her to teleport us back to the pack house so that she could lie down. She was constantly saying she was alright, but I knew her by now, and I could tell when she's lying.

Once we arrived home, I got Raina settled in a spare bedroom and left to take a shower. I sighed as a million thoughts rushed through my head as to what that wolf wanted. It was big, almost as big as Ryker in size. I could also sense something dominant about it as well, letting me know that it had a high rank.

Getting out of the shower, I dried off and wrapped a towel around my waist so that I could get something to wear. Ryker was waiting for me and I could see how much he was already stressing about this situation.

“I don't want you to go anywhere without a warrior being there with you.” He said, and I rolled my eyes before entering the walk in closet so that I could get something to wear.

After getting dressed, I made my way back to him and saw an irritated look on his face, which told me we were about to have an unnecessary argument. I wasn't desiring that, something was going on with Raina and he was wasting my time already.

“Did you hear what I said?” He asked, and I sighed while giving him my full attention.

“I may have lost my voice at one point in my life, but I'm not deaf, Ryker. It's not like I was alone, I had Raina with me, and you know how powerful she is. She can fight anyone who gets in her way and come out Victorious, so I don't see why you have to waste my time with this bullshit right now.” I muttered as I made my way towards the door, only to be stopped by Ryker who grabbed my hand, stopping me from leaving.

“I know she's powerful, but you saw her out there. Her powers are getting out of control. She wasn't even focusing when she was fighting that wolf. I want someone there with you when you are with her or anyone else, and no, that's not up for a debate.” I eventually agreed with him so that he could let go of me.

Once I got back to Raina's room, she was still on the bed in deep thoughts. I had to figure out what was going on, I just hoped that she would tell me because she must know something.

“Raina, before that wolf attacked, I had the same feeling again. I don't know what to do, and I'm confused. Is there anything you'd like to tell me?” I asked, hoping that she would open up to me. She nodded her head and sighed, running her hand through her hair.

“I never thought that this would be possible, Elias. I didn't know any of this was real until today.” She began, and I gestured for her to go on. I needed to know what was going on so that I could help her. I just hope that she allows me to help her because she has done a lot for me already, so it's time for me to repay her.

“That wolf, is my linker. That wolf is my mate, Elias.” I gasped at what she said as my eyes became wide.

“Are you certain?” I asked, and she nodded her head before bursting into tears. I pulled her to me and hugged her so that I could comfort her. I don't know why she's this emotional when she had just met her mate, maybe something else is going on with her. I hope that she would be able to tell me because I don't think I like seeing her like this at all.