cousins...14

"So you're going to be at highschool everyone talked about?", I asked.

"Yeah they say you get served steak there, I don't know about stake every day. I would love good food options I mean middle school had some good food.", Melody answered.

"Yeah remember the hamburgers so good, oh and Italian Styled pizza oh I did not want to miss those days", I reminisced.

"I wonder what food California has to offer you're gonna tell me what you school feeds you. I need pictures and all"

We were sitting on like the highest point of the houses terrain. Its like a hill you sit on and just look at the beach with the rest of the city. You can roll down the hill and all but we were quite comfortable.

Melody's family was here for about 2 weeks they had summer vacation and they were here to see the twins. Obviously giving a hand during the day to my parents so they could get sleep. I helped with the twins every once in a while. My dad and Bey agreed it's better I focus on being a teenager, they would rather hire nannies.

It was strange but also amazing I get to enjoy hanging with the twins and I know them. I will step in I recognize when people need help with the twins. It's a team effort.

"So what is it like living with auntie Bey full time, is it as horrible as you predicted", Melody mocked me.

"No it's worse... she actually cares about me. She what you want as a mom even with the twins she makes time for Blue and I. I mean I get Blue that is her daughter, but she still care for me. I thought I was going to feel alone and sometimes I do cause I am different at times it is natural. She will always be right there to step in.", I said.

"Well looks like things took a turn, how do you feel about it all? Are you content?"

"I am definitely content, but I am at war with myself. I have never been an a place where I have this love and care. Usually the love is based on how hard I work or what I do for people. Now it's more like my existence is all that I need doing the simple things is enough. I am not used to that I feel I have to earn it, i try do everything then someone stops me reminding just do the chores listed."

"You still got chores?", she asked amazed.

"Yes they sat me down one day and were like yeah we got all these people watching the house. You still have a responsibility to help watch after it they can only clean so much. We also got to be neat and tidy.", I said.

"And what's it like having cleaners. Im being all nosey I just need to know.", she said.

"All the workers are nice they do their work, I don't have too much interaction but I do thank them whenever I spot them around.", I said.

"Thats good you keep doing that", she smiled.
"So have you seen any of my mom side of the family around the city?", I asked.

"Sometimes they want to be like my friend most asking stuff about you. I think they're goal is just to know like everything about you through me. I am friendly but we are not friends.", she answered.

"I get you I like that you're friendly I have very limited contact with them and it is for the best. In time I hope we can patch it up and be like a real family."
I imagined that day when I go to an event and they look forward to seeing me. When we can all hang out together and it is mostly peaceful you know.

"Just give it some time I think things will get better and you can enjoy time with your other family. Its brutal out here.", she reminded me.

"Melody... Kynedy come in here"

We both stood up back to in the house I was ready for ut I feel like I let a lot off my chest. I felt like I had someone who was unbiased I needed.

"Hey dad whats up?", I asked.