hate... 18

"Are you sure you have everything you need, I don't want last minute problems. We are striving for a smooth flight" My dad looked at my suitcase.

"Yes I have packed everything and more dad, I didn't fail last time and I was on my own", I said.

"Yeah your only responsibility was to show up to the gate", he joked.

"I still had stuff I needed to bring, but trust me I got everything, I even made a check list", I handed my list.

"Okay look at you, so proud. The flight is at 8 am I need you up by 6 do not sleep to late.", he said.

After zipping up my suitcase and my carry-on, I joined them out in the living room. Rumi and Sir were just chilling on their floor mats during tummy time. It was a moment I realized how life changes a year ago I was with my mom.

She might of been acting weird at this point, but she was very close to me. She spent time with me and we would be doing our nails together on an afternoon like this.

Now that I'm going to Puerto Rico, I can't help but think of being there without my mom. We had the most fun when we lived and spent time in Puerto Rico. It was our safe space the mornings we would eat and go to the beach all day.

The excitement turned to sadness because I can't imagine it going to PR and not having her to explore the island together. She showed me all the cool spots and the stories of her life there. Even in New York.

I went through my phone looking at all our old photos, I couldn't help but to cry. I wanted her here so badly ro be with me excited to go to Puerto Rico. I wanted to wake up to Salsa at 4 in the morning before our flight.

It was four in the morning, we were finally going Puerto Rico I had been waiting forever. We were about to go on the plane and land to see my grandparents.

Rebellión was playing my mom was in the shower, I jumped out of bed. I did some touch ups, my mom said it was oksy to go in pj's. I found my shoes the ones I had set out for this morning.

"Mia look Kynedy is ready why can't you be up", tia Celine said.

"She's weird like that, why do we have to go?", she sighed.

I left the room, and waited in the living. The music continued some good Salsa for the hours most people weren't up yet.

"Why are you so weird? Who get excited for Puerto Rico?", Mia sat next to me.

"You'll see when we get there, it's just so beautiful and we get to spend time with tita and tito. Everyone is going to be there and I'm just so excited.", I was jumping in my seat.

"Yeah baby, were are going to have so much fun there. I can't wait to be on the beach or go to the market. Get your backpack or else we're gonna be late.", I ran in to get my backpack.

I packed my gameboy, a coloring book with crayons, and my journal with glitter pens. I was very excited.

"Aren't you taking your gucci backpack?", mia asked.

"No that's specifically for school, my dad said I only use it for school.", I reminded her.

"So then I can use it while we are there we gotta show we got money somehow", she said.

"No Mia, that backpack is my dads he isn't gonna allow it. Why do we even need to brag money doesn't mean everything.", I reminded her.

"Tia Neveah?", she yelled.

"Yes mija", she looked over.

"Kyny wont share with me her backpack", they looked my way.