remember me...19

Remember me
When you feel lost, somewhere
And I know with just one magic touch
It can all reappear
Whenever you need
A good memory,
Remember me.

I slept like 2 hours the rest of the night, and it consisted of me crying thinking about my mom. I thought of everything how she was a good and a bad mom, the addiction, her mental illness struggles, modeling, and everything that happened in her life. I couldn't help it and I knew it wasn't good for me, but I was going to her birth place. I was going to be surrounded by her memory, and the moments she needed to be there, she is not going to be there.

This was my first time to be around all of my family. I felt ready even with the lack of sleep.

"Come one, Kynedy, I got your bags all set in the car. We got a long flight, "my dad said.

"Okay," I had my carry-on with the things I would need for the flight.

We got in the car, and he drove us out to a smaller airport, one that had fewer people and flights. we were going first class, which meant we were going to be comfy.

"Now you know the rules stick with me because if we get recognized, it could be dangerous for you," he warned.

"Aight", we were getting off the car into the airport.

It looked like there were a few paparazzi out there waiting for us to come out. Who tipped them off? That's when I noticed Rihanna was nearby, freaking Rihanna!! Was this planned?

"Jay, you flying too?"she looked genuinely shocked.

"Yeah, me and my girl," he pointed to me.

"Oh my god, Kynedy, you've gotten so big. Let's get in the paps getting closer," she was right. We were basically running in the airport to check in together.

"Where are you going?"I asked.

"Barbados, I got a private flight out here, and I'll be home for a month just chilling with my family. Where are you two going?"she asked.

"Puerto Rico, I'm going to see my grandparents," I answered.

"That is awesome. It's always fun to hang out with our grandparents. Well, I would love to talk, but my gate is kind of far from here, and my flight time is like in 30 minutes."

She went off after the prechecks happened. Now, it was just me and my dad making our way to the gate. The gate was close, and the lounge we had was private. It had different snacks that I took advantage of. I needed to have breakfast because if not, I would get nauseous, I wanted a smooth flight, you know. 

"You know your mom and I lived in PR for a few months?"

I looked at my dad perplexed, I could never imagine him living there.

"Really, I can't imagine you moving to PR. When?"

"The first year we were married, we decided to live out there and see what it was like. I think it was good for that year. However, it was hard flying in and out to work. When work was slow, we did enjoy it. We did a lot of sightseeing while we were there. I could imagine taking all of us on vacation, but not yet."He said, "I want to make sure you continue to visit and get to know your history. Your mom was proud of her heritage. It grounded her being there."

"Thanks, dad. I do love spending time there. What about New York?"

"We will be going back again. Don't worry about New York it will always be home, and I want to make sure you can be with your mom's side that lives there. I know we moved you out here, but believe me, New York is always home, and after that, we will be spending some time in Texas too."