17. feelings

Max POV

"Max. Are you in there? Are you ok," I heard a familiar voice say. It was Imogen.

I stayed silent. I didn't want to talk I was embarrassed.
"I can see your shoes," she pointed out. I stayed silent.
"Max, talk to me," she said.

"Imogen, I'm fine, please go away," I told her.
"No! Your not ok! Now open the door Max!" She said.

I stayed silent for a few seconds and stood up. I put my hand on the lock and turned it. It clicked and I opened it. Imogen was right in front of me against the door.
"Hey, what happened?" She asked.
"I- I was being silly," I told her. "You should go back to the table,"
"But you were crying, whatever happened must've really upset you," she said.

I didn't think of anything but I hugged her. She hugged me back and then pulled away.
"You know you can talk to me," she said. I stayed silent for a moment. I didn't know what to say. I stayed silent before I finally my came up with an answer.

"Fine, after B*n, my life has completely and utterly changed and i've realised a lot. And I started getting feelings for this other person. However everything I do makes me scared and nervous. It makes me feel uncomfortable and like I've done something wrong. It's like I don't know how to act in front of them. I know I'm probably overreacting, but I just guess I'm caught up in the feels," I said. I laughed dryly at the last bit. I can't take anything seriously.
"Well, tell me what this person is like," Imogen said as we walked over and sat on the bar by the sink. The sky projected it's way onto the wall in front of us and it looked beautiful.

"They're, pretty, smart, funny. They're a really good person to hang out with and they immediately brighten my day. They make me feel comfortable when I feel alone and I feel I can trust this person, and I like them whether they like me back or not, " I said.
"Is it someone on the Paris trip?" She asked. Oh no. Was she onto something.
"Yeah," I confessed.

"Wait, if you got embarrassed just now, then...they we're at the table in the group...it can't be Nick and Charlie...or Tara and Darcy...Elle and Tao seem close...Sahar we barely know so that means...." She said figuring it out in her head.

I stayed silent fighting with my hoodie sleeves. She knows, she knows and I know she knows. I am FREAKING out right now!!! Omg this is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill.

"Max, do you have a crush on me?" Imogen asked.

I froze. I felt a shiver creep down my spine and I didn't say anything. I was terrified. She knew! I was right. Aaaahhh she's smart. But I already said this. I'm having a crisis here!! All I did was nod slowly.

We sat there in silence. It was so awkward. I had possibly just ended a long friendship with my stupid little crush. God why Max!!

I felt Imogen's had touch mine and I looked up. Her cheeks were bright red and her eyeliner was perfect. Her hair was brushed in the right angles and her eyes were beautiful. You could get lost in them. I liked this girl so much.

Before I could do anything else. I felt her hold my hand in her two hands and felt her face come closer to mine. The next thing I knew, our lips met and we were kissing.