25. birthday

Max POV

I woke up at home. It had been a few days since I had been on holiday and Imogen was staying with us. I woke up and she was next to me.
"Happy Birthday," She said and then kissed my forehead.

I smiled and then Nick burst into the room.
"Happy Birthday little sis!"
"Happy Birthday older rugby lad," I retorted and so he gave me a look.

We went downstairs and there was a small pile of presents on the floor by the tv.

Imogen sat on the sofa and my mum came out with a coffee for her.

I yawned and then we started to open our presents. We had started nicely by taking it in turns but in the end we just unwrapped them at the same time.

For my birthday, I got: cd's, a cd player, fake vines, LED's, plants, clothes, and a few books that I had wanted. I was so grateful.

I went to get dressed in jeans, a leather jacket and a t-shirt.

I walked downstairs to make a coffee for myself. Imogen was there sat at the table.

"Hey Immy what do you want to do today?" I asked.
"Max, It's your birthday!"
"I am aware of that, but I want it to be fun for both of us,"

Just then the doorbell rang. Nick was already nearly there so I just stood back a bit. Imogen stood behind me. She held my hand.

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK AND MAX!!" A group of people cheered. It was our friends.

Tao, Elle, Charlie, Darcy, Sahar and Tara were stood at the door.

They had a whole day planned for us. We went to laser tag, and then we went to the milkshake cafe. It was really fun.

We all sat there sipping our milkshakes and talking.
"So we go back to school in a few days!" Darcy said.
"Ugh, don't remind me," Tao complained.
"It's only you and Charlie's last year! enjoy it!" Elle said.
"Yeah I guess, what six form are you all going to?"
"Truham," Nick and Sahar said.
"Higgs," The rest of us said.
"cool," Tao said nodding.

I wasn't that excited, but with my girlfriend there, It would be a lot better.

After a bit, me and Imogen broke away from the group. We went to sit on the grass by a tree. It reminded me of the place where Charlie had calmed me down after my panic attack.

"The last time I was here, I was having an identity crisis, now look at me. A lesbian here sat with my gorgeous girlfriend," I said kissing Imogen's forehead.

She smiled and pushed a bit of my hair out of my face.
"I never thought I'd get a girlfriend," She admitted.
"When did you realise you liked girls?" I asked.
"I think I've always known," Imogen admitted. "It's just really awkward especially with the people I used to hang out with. I think that I pushed it down inside me and then felt like I had to date guys, and guys only. It was when we started hanging out more that I started developing my crush,"

I smiled at her and she smiled back. Then I pulled her in and gave her a hug.
"I love you Imogen," I told her.
"I love you to Maxine," She said and then we kissed.

When we broke apart, Imogen handed me something.
"It's not much, I just didn't know what to get you," She said quickly.

I opened the present and saw that it was a picture of us kissing at the Eiffel Tower.
"How did you?" I asked.
"Oh, I begged one of the kids for it. I basically blackmailed them." Imogen said an I laughed.

There were butterflies and stars stuck on around the edge of the frame.
"What do you think?" She asked.
"I love it!" I said and she smiled.
"Aww i'm so happy," She said.

When we got back to my house, we we're all in a happy mood. Then I noticed there was a car I didn't recognise outside my house. I also noticed Charlie's family car. I turned to Nick.
"What's happening? Why's Charlie and his family here?" I whispered.

The door of our house swung open and there stood a man that I didn't expect to be there.

It was my father.

Ahhhh!!! Thank you for 10k reads omg !!!!!!