23. beach

Max POV

I was just looking at myself in the mirror, adjusting my towel playsuit thing. We we're going to the beach today and I wanted to look good.

Me and Imogen had been hanging out all summer and it's been really fun. However this is my last chance to see her because we're going to Majorca for three weeks.

"You ready to leave?" Nick asked.
"Yeah, gimme a sec i'll be down now," I told him.
"Ok," He said.

I just put my hair in a messy bun and then went downstairs.
"let's go, we have to get Charlie," Nick said.
"And Imogen," I reminded him.
"Yes i know, now let's go,"

We both got into the car and I got my phone connected. I pressed play on my playlist and 'Wonderwall' by Oasis started playing.

When we arrived at Charlie's house. Nick and Charlie just stood there looking at each other and then did a really weird hug in Charlie's door frame.
"I've never seen you in a tank top," Charlie said.
"I've never seen you in a cap," Nick said pulling the top of his hat down.
"Can we go?" I asked from the car.
"Yes, sorry," Nick said.
"Wait! Nick Guess What, Charlie-" a little boy from Charlie's house started shouting.
"Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope,Nope," Charlie said running back into his house with the boy in his arms and a hand over his mouth.

We are now heading to the beach. I had been kicked into the back of the car though but i didn't mind. This let me sit with Imogen...and I was still in control of the music.

We we're meeting Elle and her mum and they we're taking us to the beach.
We got in the mini van and me and Imogen sat at the back.
"Ok, is there anyone else to pick up?" Elle's mum asked.
"No, we're meeting Darcy, Tara and Sahar there," Elle said.

We arrived at the beach and me and Imogen got out. We held hands and she kissed me on my cheek and i felt my face blush.
"Aww your so cute!" Imogen said and I smiled.

Elle had a box in her hands.
"What are they?" I asked.
"Oh, They're Egyptian Falafels, My Mum got super into cooking Egyptian food after coming back from visiting my grandparents," Elle explained.

We walked down this little deck and Darcy, Tara and Sahar were there.
"Hey!" We all said and then found a spot on the beach.

We dumped our stuff and Me, Tara, Darcy, Imogen, Nick and Charlie were all going to swim in the sea.

Me and Imogen left our bags and then i saw Nick and Charlie putting sun tan lotion on but they'd ended up doing this weird hug thing. I just rolled my eyes and then held hands with Imogen and we ran to the sea.

It was only Nick who came running into the sea.
"I thought Charlie was coming," i said.
"He might come in in a bit," Nick explained and i nodded.

"It's so cold," I told Imogen.
"Let's dunk our heads under and then we can warm up," she suggested. I nodded and held her hand.
"ok, 3...,"
"2....,"
"1...,"

I was a bit hesitant to do it, but as I was going down, Imogen pulled me. Our hands stayed connected but my eyes were closed. When we came back to the surface, I looked at Imogen and she looked at me. I held her other hand and then we kissed. As we broke away, I looked at her and smiled. We stayed there looking at each other and then a wave came and knocked us over. We came up and Imogen was laughing.
"You, have seaweed in your hair," She said still laughing.
"omg," i said trying to find it.
"here, allow me," she said and grabbed it out.

We walked back to where Elle, Tao, and Charlie were sat. Nick and Sahar were talking about something but I wasn't sure what.

When everyone was back, we told Nick and Darcy what we wanted from the chip shop.
"can i have sausage and chips?" Imogen asked.
"can i have scampi?" i added and Nick nodded.

I had put my playsuit thing on but I was still freezing. Imogen touched my hand and she looked at me.
"Your freezing," She said. Then she grabbed her towel and stretched it out around the both of us and hugged me into her.

When they arrived with our food, we sat there and started to eat. Charlie just sat there staring at this food.
"Charlie, you ok?"

Nick comforted Charlie and hugged him. They shared around his food like it was nothing but i was concerned for Charlie. Something was going on and Nick 100% knew about it.

After we had ate everything, including the Egyptian falafels, we started to walk along the top. Elle told us about how its dangerous to go to Egypt because she is transgender so she can't see her grandparents that much.
.