epilogue

Some time in the future...

It was still me and Imogen. It had been since we were 15 years old.

I proposed to Imogen when we were 20 and she said yes. I remember that day like it was yesterday. We we're at the beach and it was peaceful. It was perfect.

We we're now 7 years happily married.

"Morning love," I yawned.
"Morning beautiful," She said and we hugged before getting up.
"I'll go wake up Aria and help her get ready for school," Imogen said and I nodded smiling.

Oh yeah...one more thing. We adopted a gorgeous little girl called Aria.

I stretched and got dressed for work. Once I was ready, I made Aria breakfast while Imogen got ready.

"What would you like for breakfast?" I asked.
"Toast," She said and I smiled.

I put some bread in the toaster.

"So are you excited for school?" I asked her.
"eh, mainly, but i'm kinda scared," Aria answered.
"You'll be fine. I remember my first day. so was scared until I walked into the gates. I remember my teacher pairing me up with a girl called Imogen and we instantly became best friends."
"What happened to her?" Aria asked.

"Well, all through primary we we're best friends, but then we came apart a bit in secondary school. I came a bit of a loner. But we found each other again." I said.
"Do you still talk to her?" Aria asked.
"Yes i do," I said looking at my wife as she peered around the corner.

Aria looked shocked and I smiled.

Just then the doorbell rang. I went to get it.

It was Nick and Charlie.
"Uncle Nick! Uncle Charlie!" Aria said running out of the door.
"Aria," Imogen said.

She came back inside with Nick and Charlie's daughter Skye.

Skye was 6 and going into year 2.
"Hey," Nick said hugging me.
"Hi,"
"Aria's first day then?" He asked.
"Yep," I said.
"Let's get going then," he said.

We all walked outside of me and Imogen's house. I locked the door and we all got in our cars waiting for the new chapter in our lives to begin.