CHAPTER 71

Chapter 71

When they reached home, Suan Suan, who had not seen Mo Di in days, jumped at him excitedly. The tail attached to its back was shaking non-stop.

Mo Di picked Suan Suan up and gave it a kiss.

“Suan Suan, did you miss me that much?”

“This little guy is too snobbish. I’m with him every day and he doesn’t even move his butt. Now he’s almost shaking his tail off.” Mu Tian Heng came over and gave Suan Suan a nudge. “Snobbish dog.”

Mo Di laughed.

Seeing Mo Di’s hearty laughter, Mu Tian Heng smiled along. Nonetheless, he did not forget the topic at hand: “You said that you wanted to go to see the Mo house, what was that about?”

Mo Di gave Suan Suan’s head a scratch. He then explained slowly: “According to the timeline, no matter how busy Mo Er Qian was, he would come back for the Spring Festival every year. He’s a highly intelligent and cautious man. I’m worried that the camera I planted in the house might be discovered. And even if they weren’t discovered, he can still use jamming devices and by then, the two cameras would be useless.”

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

“So you want to plant another camera near the Mo house?”

“I want to set up one in front of the house and also hack into several feeds from the nearby shops and fast-food restaurants.” Mo Di was getting pale as he explained further: “Mo Er Qian is not on the same magnitude as the others from the Mo family. He has a high IQ and is incredibly forethoughtful. If he wants to deal with me, it’ll be very difficult for me to escape unscathed.”

“That’s why I wanted to have more surveillance so we might be able to detect something ahead of time. Whether it’s for defense or counterattack, we’ll be more flexible.”

Recalling Mo Er Qian’s information, Mu Tian Heng’s eyes turned dark, “Mo Er Qian is indeed troublesome.”

But he felt that it was not as difficult.

He and Mo Er Qian were alumni from H University and they are roughly the same age. 

His circle of friends extended all over campus including those who studied together with Mo Er Qian. And two of them were currently in the same research team as him and could not be contacted for the time being.

But their professor should still be reachable.

“No need to worry.” Mu Tian Heng decided on his next move and rubbed Mo Di’s hair. “We’ll be able to resist whatever that comes. There’s always a way. Mo Er Qian is intelligent but he’s not the only one. Smart people are everywhere and it’s not like they are outside the law. As long as he steps out of line, there will be evidence and he will go to jail.”

“I know.” Mo Di sighed and showed a faint smile, “I’m just a little anxious but he doesn’t scare me.”

“Don’t be a worry-wart at such a young age.” Mu Tian Heng pinched Mo Di’s face and looked at him adoringly: “You’re rarely free so just relax for today. We’ll go out for lunch later, how’s that?”

“Ok.” Mo Di nodded with a smile.

Suan Suan was whining at the side. It grabbed at Mo Di’s pants with its white fluffy limbs, indicating its desire to tag along.

“You can’t go with us to the restaurant but when we come back, I promise to take you for a walk, how’s that?” Mo Di caressed Suan Suan’s paws and went to its food bowl, “I’ll open a can so you can eat first. Good boy.”