Chapter 26

"No, I don't want to!"

"What do you mean you don't want to?"

"I'm not going to dance!"

"Why not? You'd rather me dance with another woman?" He said, following me around the penthouse, trying to persuade me to accompany him to a waltz lesson.

"Yes! Do just that!" I said and ran towards my room. He won't leave me alone until I go.

Apparently, the charity ball was going to have Luca and his date have the first waltz, and do you know what that means?

Everyone's going to be staring at us, might even judge me too.

Nope! Not going to do it!

I mean, I knew there was going to be a dance, it's a ball, for gods sake. But I was already planning to not dance with anyone including Luca, if he were to ask me.

And now this?

I run in and try to close the door but Luca slams it open.

"Luna, be reasonable. Why are you refusing to go?" He walks closer to me and stops right in front of me.

"It's embarrassing. I've never waltzed before and you want me to dance my first waltz in front of hundreds of people? I'm definitely going to make a lot of mistakes."

"That's why we're having a waltz lesson. To practice."

"I said no." I cross my arms. "Now leave and go find someone else to dance with you."

"And I said you're going." He picks me up and puts me over his shoulder. "You're the only woman I'll be dancing with on that night. End of conversation."

"Where are your heels that we bought?" He asks.

"It's in the closet. Why do you need them?"

"It'll be a little hard for us to dance the waltz due to our height. The heels will make it easier. You also get to practice dancing in them."

"Oh right."

I don't bother to fight him on that topic anymore and accept my fate.

I'm definitely embarrassing myself on the night.

We arrive at a two-storey building and head in.

Luca walks up to the receptionist and checks in.

The receptionist lady refers us to the second floor.

"Don't be nervous, my love." Luca said from behind me as we walk up the fancy stairs.
"I know you'll do great."

"I doubt it." I said feeling even more nervous.

We make it upstairs and an older woman greets us.

"Hello, my name is Michelle. I'll be your dancing instructor today. Are you guys excited?"

No.

"Yes." I said trying to sound cheerful.

Luca chuckles. "I'm Luca and this is Luna."

"Luca and Luna. Okay. So why don't you two come over to the middle of the room and face each other."

She gestures us over and we follow.

I quickly put my heels on.

"Okay. Now take a deep breath and relax your arms at your sides."

We do as we're told.

"Now in waltz, we have a leader and a follower. It's a team job. The leader leads and the follower follows. In this case, Luca will guide you and you, Luna dear, will follow his steps."