Chapter 27

Luna's POV

Oh my god!

Tonight is the charity ball.

No, no, no, no.

I rise up from bed, hair all messy and sigh.

Today's going to be a long day.

I get up from bed, put my slippers on and head to the bathroom to take a shower and complete my morning routine.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Once I'm done, I head down to the kitchen to make Luca and I some breakfast.

I'm busy preparing food when all of a sudden, two arms wrap around my waist and I'm pulled to a hard chest.

"Good morning, my love." Luca says, placing a soft kiss on my neck.

"Good morning."

"Are you preparing breakfast?"

"Yes, I'm bringing it out so why don't you take a seat in the dining room?"

"Thank you, my love."

He heads off to the dining room and I turn the stove off. I carry the frying pan to the dining room and place it in the table.

A few minutes pass by until Luca speaks up.

"I can see you're nervous, my love." Luca says.

Sighing, I feel the need to tell the truth about how I actually feel about the charity ball.

There's no point lying about my feelings to myself.

Yes, I can't lie to myself but I can lie to Luca.

If I tell him I feel safe with him, he wouldn't think I'm in love with him, right?

I mean, feeling safe with someone isn't the same as loving them romantically?

I look down, fiddling with my fingers and say, "To be honest, I am but not as much as I thought I'd be. I think....having you by my side makes me feel at ease. So don't leave me alone tonight."

I look at him, waiting for his response.

He looks surprised and I hope he didn't misunderstand my words.

"What i'm trying to say is-"

"Hush, my love." He gets up from his seat, and steps towards me, caressing my cheek. "You've said enough. And do not worry, leaving your side is the last thing I would do. Now! I'll be leaving for a few hours, and you are free to do as you wish."

"Ok."

"Good girl." He presses his lips on my cheek and walks away.

A few hours later, Luca arrives home and with him, brings a couple of bags.

"What did you bring with you?" I ask.

"The jewellery to go with your dress. You will be promoting it today at the ball."

"Me? But I'm not someone important at all. Who would wanna buy it after seeing it on me? It's not like I'm a celebrity?"

"Luna, how many times do I have to tell you to not bring yourself down. You are important to a lot of people. You just don't know."

"That's not true."

"It is true. Claire, that piece of shit, Diego, the other workers at the office, and me. I would gladly kill for you, my love."

"Don't say that kind of stuff, Luca."

"And you don't go bringing yourself down." He ends the conversation with that. "A couple of people will be arriving soon to do your hair and makeup."