Chapter 22

"So this is the finance department. The employees on this floor handles the company's finances, basically where the boring stuff happens." Claire said chucking. "Come, I want you to meet someone."

We walked to the canteen area. It was full of employees.

Claire walked up to a tall, handsome man with dirt blonde hair and blue eyes. His hair was styled in a middle part and he looked dashing with his navy blue suit.

With her arms around him, she gave him a peck on the lips.

Oh my god.

I did not see that coming.

"Luna, this is my boyfriend, Christian." She looked at him lovingly. "This is Luca's girlfriend, babe."

His eyes settled on me. He eyed me up and down before smirking. Why on earth is a sweetheart like Claire hanging around a jerk like this?

I should not be around this guy. Luca would not be happy.

Wait. Luca doesn't dictate how I live my life. I'm a grown woman for god's sake.

"Hello, nice to meet you." He held out his hand.

"Hello, my name is Luna." As I reached out to shake his hand, another hand pushed mine away.

"You should know better than to make Luca angry, cupcake." Diego said looking at me sternly with his hands in his pockets. He looked dashing today. His long brown hair was tied in a man bun making his bright brown eyes look striking. "He's not known for his understanding personality."

Turning away from me, he stares at Claire and Christian, specifically Claire's arms around Christian.

"And you two should know better than to act like animals in the workplace." He said bitterly.

Claire rolls her eyes.

"Maybe you shouldn't stare at people." She said.

Raising one eyebrow, he reminds her, "Luca gave the responsibility of taking care of Luna to you. I don't see you following that responsibly. Instead you're making Luna uncomfortable."

"What? I'm not uncom-"

Diego cut me off with his stare that looked like he was going to kill me if I continued.

"I should see to it that you continue your tour." He told Claire.

Wow. He is really ignoring Christian.

"Alright, alright." Claire said. "She turns to Christian. We'll see each other tonight then?"

"Yes, we will." Christian replied whilst staring at Diego in the eye, a smirk rising on his lips.

Why do I feel like something is going one between these three?

Suddenly, Claire gives Christian another peck on the lips.

Why would you do that?

In front of Diego too.

Why am I the one freaking out instead of Claire?

I look towards Diego, scared for her life. He is staring right at her and his jaw is clenched.

I decide to distract Diego before he rips Christian's head off.

"Why can't I shake his hand when you kissed my hand when we first met?" I asked curious to know his answer.

Wouldn't Luca be more angry if another man were to kiss my hand rather than me shaking another man's hand?

Diego narrowed his eyes at me.

"What are you talking about? I am trustworthy. That man on the other hand," he looked at Christian walking away. "can't be trusted at all. How can you possibly compare the both of us? Besides, I am Luca's best friend. I would never steal his girlfriend even if I fell madly in love with her."

"Really?" I asked.

Diego was a better man than I thought.

"Unless he treated her like shit." He smirked. "Why, you want me to save you from him?"

Feeling my face go hot, I quickly blurted, "No. I-"

"Well, well. What's going on here?" Claire asked looking at the both of us. "Diego, are you stealing the boss's girl?"

Diego became serious. "No, but I'm going to steal someone else's."

"Whatever. Whoever she is, I feel bad for her. She doesn't know her life is going to be hell soon especially with all your nagging. Come on, Luna, let's continue the tour."
She said linking her arm with mine.

We walked off towards another direction.
Turning around to wave bye at Diego, I see him standing there looking like he's in deep thought, staring at Claire.

Did something happen between these two?

Being curious, I decided to ask Claire about it.

"Hey Claire, if you don't mind answering, is there anything going on between you and Diego?"

"Me and Diego?" She asked confused. "No way on earth would anything ever happen between us. I mean, look at him. Can't you tell he despises me?"

Despises? More like interested. Maybe I'm the one getting it all wrong.

"You think he despises you?" I asked.

"I mean, he is always picking on me." She shrugged her shoulders. "Alright, enough about Diego. Let's go to the Marketing department. That's where all the fun stuff happens."

An hour later, my legs feel numb. I've walked so much that I just want to fall on the spot.

"Luna, you look tired. Luckily for you, we're done. You can rest back at my office." She tells me.

I happily comply.

Walking up to the elevators, Claire presses the going up button and we patiently wait.

Ding

The elevator doors open and my eyes widen to see Luca standing there, staring at the both of us.

He grabs my wrists and pulls me to him.

"You may take the next elevator, Claire." He said.

"Yes, sir." Claire said with a cheeky smile.

Luca presses the button for the top floor.

"Wait, Claire should just come-" I'm cut off by the elevator doors closing.

Pin drop silent.

He suddenly steps closer to me resulting in me taking a step away. Being so close to such a masculine man like Luca, no matter what he's done, makes me nervous.

Suddenly, I'm pushed to the elevator wall and in a second, Luca is in front of me, his hands beside my head, caging me in.

"When will you stop making me trap you and let me do sweet things to you?" He asks, his voice deep.

I don't know what to say to that so I just keep quiet.

Breathing heavily, he kisses my neck and breathes in my scent.

"Giving me the silent treatment, are we?" He kisses my jaw. "Do I have to make you talk using some-"

Interrupting his embarrassing question, I ask, "Why did you come down for me yourself? You could've just called Claire to bring me back to your office?"

"Claire?" He asked confused, his face still so close to mine. "Ah, I wanted to come get you myself. Am I not allowed to do what I want to what's mine?"

He bends his head down to kiss my collarbone, and I cover his mouth with my palm, stopping him.

"I'm not yours."

Looking up at my eyes, he kisses my palm.

Blushing, I move my hand away from his mouth pretending to be disgusted, but inside, I'm feeling all ticklish.

He towers over me, this time it's me looking up at him.

"Im starting to like this game. You being all delusional and being forgetful and me having to remind you the truth. That no matter what you do, how far you run, you will never be able to get away from me."

He grabs my jaw and brings his face closer to mine.

"Let's see who wins."