Twenty

~ Annalise

Someone on the street is blasting music and now that it's a little later more people are roaming the streets, going into shops, getting food, and hanging out with friends. A strong scent of weed lingers through the air.

"Can we go to the festival now?," Blake asks, an impatient whine in her voice.

"Can you wait?" Ro whips his head to her.

Through my sunglasses I catch Jesse's gaze repeatedly going to Blake.

My eyebrow lifts slightly. Hm...

His eyes scan up and down her body almost unnoticeably as she walks next to him.

She's not wearing anything fancy, just a pair of jeans and a shirt. But let me tell you, she could wear a fucking shower curtain and still walk down a runway.

"Oh! We should go into that vintage shop!," Ro practically squeals, stopping abruptly in front of the store front.

Blake grips onto his sweater and tugs him forward.

"You fucking-" They begin to bicker ahead of us and Jesse continues right next to Blake.

Reed and I walk behind.

I actually kind of like this part of town. There's a lot of people, a lot of cute shops, and I've seen about five bookstores within a four block radius.

My eyes travel back in front of me and lock on Jesse and Blake.

He's smiling while looking down at her as she talks about something.

I watch them curiously.

When I glance to Reed he's just staring just straight ahead. His hands are in his pockets and his jawline is sharp.

How has he always managed to walk so...confident? Maybe that's why girls have always looked at him. His presence is strong, with his shoulders always back and head held high.

Interrupting my thoughts, I nudge him with my elbow.

He turns his head down to look at me, his eyebrows pinched in confusion.

I widen me eyes and glance to Jesse and Blake then back to his eyes.

He looks to them but still seems confused.

I sigh.

Tapping his arm lightly I then gesture with my hands to them.

"Why aren't you using words?"

I just sigh and massage my temples with my fingers.

When I check to make sure they're not too close i then look back up to Reed. "Because I don't want them to hear."

His scratches the side of his face, still a little lost.

"I think your friend over there wants to fuck miss Blake-y," I claim.

His eyes widen and the hand scratching his jaw freezes.

I look at him confused. "What?"

"Uh...nothing," he purses his lips and shakes his head.

"No tell me. You know something," I point up to him.

His neck and cheeks turn pink.

I lean in closer. "You're blushing. Tell. Me," I demand, my hands crossed over my chest.

He just glances down to me and I watch through my sunglasses. His cheeks and nose manage to turn a darker shade of pink.

God his skin gives this man away immediately.