Chapter 5

"Wow. This view is beautiful" Grace gushed.
"Yes it is" he smirked at her.
"Stop flirting" she ordered but still smiled.
"I can't help it. Your beautiful and I wasted my chance at an amazing life with you" he admitted.
"Hey, we had a good 10 years or so"
"Even when I bring up the fact that I cheated, you manage to make me feel better about it"
"I've learned to be forgiving"
"You? forgiving?" He smirked.
"Ok, mostly forgiving" she giggled.
"How did you not remember this view?"
"I don't know. I might have been drunk the last time we were up here"
"No I'm pretty sure we were sober and conceived two children that night" he smirked.
"That's probably why I don't remember, I was probably delirious after the first orgasm seeing as we only had one child back then. Life was easier then"
"Good to know my orgasms make you delirious" He smirked, putting tension back into the air.
"It's peaceful out here"
"Yes it is" he agreed.
"The kids missed you. When you left. They asked every day when you were coming home, explaining to them what divorce was hard. I didn't blame you, when the calls stopped, the kids started blaming you" she told him.
"I tried to act normal with them but I knew I ruined everything. I thought if I stopped calling it would be easier on them, and you. All I wanted to do since you found out was apologize and make up for everything I did or caused to happen" he frowned.
"Sometimes I think about how life would be if you didn't sleep with Ashley. I haven't thought about sex since...oh my god why am I telling you this" she groaned.
"Old wounds and old people bring up the past" he smiled.
"Still it's embarrassing" she groaned.
"Have you seriously not thought about sex since I left?"
"God please take me home" she groaned but saw the smirking look he gave her "I meant so that I could die of embarrassment"
"Whatever you say" he smirked starting the engine "You know I'll be here if you ever want another delirious orgasm" he smirked and she groaned.

Grace and Silas walked up the steps of their home.
"Well. Thank you for tonight"
"No problem. It was nice, wasn't it?"
"Yes, it was" she agreed.
"We'll have to do this again soon"
"Yes we will" she smiled, pulling him into a hug. When they pulled apart, they held each other close, not wanting to let go just yet.
"Gracie" he murmured, pulling her hips against his "I can't stay away from you" he murmured, nuzzling his nose against her cheek "Your my favourite person, but I ruined everything" he groaned nuzzling his nose against hers "I want you" he backed her up against the banister "I was an asshole to cheat on you" she groaned at the feel of his warm hands rested on her hips just under her jumpers hemline "I want to hear you say my name" he ground his hips against hers as she let out a shuddering breath.
"Si" she gasped, before she pushed him away and moved to the other side of the porch "Why can't I hate you" she groaned, running a hand through her hair.
"Because we have a history. A good and bad one"
"We could've worked through whatever made you fuck Ashley. God, don't you get it? I chose you, over everyone else. You don't get to break my heart and make me love you. God, this is killing me" she groaned, her hand running through her hair, her eyes filling with tears.
"Gracie-"
"Don't call me that" she bit back, heading inside, slamming the door behind her.

Grace slammed the door closed behind her as she walked into her store.
"Geez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed"
"I hate having an ex-husband, why couldn't he just have died like other peoples ex-husbands" Grace groaned.
"What happened?"
"He took me on that non-date, date night. Where I proceeded to tell him about my sexless life. Oh, and he also got handsy on the porch when he dropped me home" she groaned in anger.
"Why did he drop you home?"
"We left my car at the diner because he took me somewhere secret which was the bowling alley" she groaned.
"That doesn't seem so bad"
"It was fine, except that he was handsy all night" she groaned.
"Still, that doesn't seem bad to me"
"Rose, not helping" she sighed.
"Just try it. A kiss, then sex, then who knows. Maybe this is good for you both" Rose encouraged.
"I can't sleep with him, the kids hate him as it is. If he leaves me again the kids will never talk to him again" she argued.
"Like I said just try it" she encouraged "Isn't it Alex's birthday tomorrow?"
"Yes it is which is why I stole Miles's car so I can go birthday shopping. Please call me if you need anything but I'll be pretty busy today" she told her.
"Very good boss" Rose saluted.

Grace had ran around town, buying presents and decorations for tomorrow before she went to set up the town hall for the party.
"Hey Grace, where do you want the drinks?" Bill asked.
"Right behind the fake bar there" Grace pointed across the room.
"Great" he smiled moving away with the drinks with James and Finley's help.
"Hey" Silas smiled.
"Oh hi" Grace moved away awkwardly to hang a banner.
"I wanted to apologize for last night"
"Really? I didn't think you knew how to apologize"
"Come on, can we just forget what happened on the porch?"
"Lower your voice" She whispered yelled at him, pulling him away into a side hallway.
"Sorry. I'm a idiot, and I'm always going to love you because your the mother of my children but I was practically all over you, I'm sorry" he rambled.
"It's fine. Let's just forget it all, okay?"
"Well not all of it. The bowling was fun and the meal was good" she smiled.
"Good. I'm glad you enjoyed it" he smiled.
"I need to finish setting up" she motioned towards the door.
"I'll help. If that's okay?"
"That would be great, thank you" she smiled as they both headed back into the main room.