6. His Principles

💊Free Services -

Despite being a prominent Vaidya in areas around, Dadaji never exploited anyone. He always lived a life full of principles of his own.

In that chain of principles first link was that he never took money from many of the schedule cast patients. Approximately more than 10 casts were there whom Dadaji never charged for treatment. Even he spent his own money on them by giving medicines for free.

When asked, he used to say-

"They come here for a hope. I can't break their trust."

"But why to spend money on them. When it's obvious to pay charges in exchange of treatment."

"A medical practitioner must not treat his patients in the same way as a tradesman."

"Means ?"

"What does a tradesman do ? Same rate for all costumers, right ? Either poor or rich, all are same for him."

"Yeah !"

"But, a doctor must be flexible on rates, according to their economic conditions.

Middle class - should be paid average.
Poor - lower rates.
• Rich - Must be paid highly that you can earn enough for your bread and butter. B'coz they won't trust your medication until they won't pay high for them, as they value things by their prices. Or else they'll move to some other doctor.
• In the last, these tribal people can't afford any extra expenses other than their basic needs. That's why they must be cured without being paid. No matter if it costs your pocket.

As they come here to me with great hopes, how can I disappoint them. This is why I provide them freebie services." Dadaji used to explain.

He never charged any entry fees or consulting fees or any type of other fees from his patients. Never!! Neither in service time nor after retirement. Only he charged for was the medicines he gave from home, nothing else.

💊Appearance and demeanour conscious-

• "A Doctor must look fit always, as patients see their fitness in him. If a doctor will look messy, unfit or unhealthy, what impression will he give to his patients. Somewhere they might doubt his worth, by judging him, on the basis of nothing else but looks." Dadaji used to say this often.

He always kept himself fit and groomed for his patients. To remain fit he restricted his diet to particular things only. Everything, apart from the diet he had decided for himself, he used to take in a very small amount like just to taste.

"Don't you like this ?"

"Ofcourse, I like it. It's my favourite."

"Then you should take some more. Why are you taking this little amount ?" Whenever he was asked for not having proper diet or about something special we made for him.