8. That Pregnant Lady

I still remember her face. I just came back from school and she was there- beautiful, innocent and looked nervous for what, I didn't know that time. Her twinkling eyes were full of hopes. She was at her mid 30s probably.

With her in-laws, she came to Dadaji on someone's recommendation

With her in-laws, she came to Dadaji on someone's recommendation. There we came to know that she had difficulty conceiving even after years of her marriage.

Well !!

It wasn't any of our business !!

So we were dismissed from there. And Dadaji had a long conversation with her in group and tate-a-tate [one-to-one] as well.

As thay all had travelled from far flung corners of the state, they didn't have any idea of how long it might take. That's why all they were having was what they consumed before leaving for us. Neither they had any contact with here. Dadaji called me to ask Mamma for providing them lunch, so we did. They, seemed to be elite, were hesitant for that but on Dadaji's insistence they agreed to have meal.

As always Dadaji gave them hopes, saying-

"If God wants you to be cured and I am fated to gain glory, definitely you'll have baby soon. But the treatment may take few months."

They all left happily with 1 month course of medication.

Next visit, I saw her smiling. A beautiful smile of  some confidence..., some hopes. Later on she visited further few months with random people. Now they had started bringing their meal with them, we only provided them proper utensils with water, some sweets or pickles. Seeing her many times now I  realized that she wasn't what I assumed her at first- a naive, an innocent. She was a jolly, kindhearted woman wearing always a little sweet smile.

'Ah, she was pretty.'

Once, about 6-7 months later, she came with one of her friend. Both were silent but it seemed that something running in their minds as she was trying hard to hide her beautiful smile. Dadaji asked her any update. She didn't say anything. Dadaji asked her so many times random questions but she kept quiet. She was being mischievous and wearing a beautiful mysterious smile all the time.

Defeated, Dadaji asked her to extend her hand forward  to check the pulse. I saw some shocking yet pleasant expression on his face.

Again he checked...!! And his smile widened.

He questioned her through eyes just by moving his head and eyebrows a little upwards with closed curvy lips due to a smile of confirmation.

In response her smile turned into a giggle and she nodded vigorously.

Yeah !!!

She was pregnant.

"I was checking if you can get it or not." She revealed smiling.

A happy tear glistened in her eyes, as a long awaited dream was going to be true now. Dadaji gave her blessings. She left with new set of medications and precautions.

Months later, she gave birth to a sweet baby girl. How long she was in contact with us regarding her baby, I don't remember. But in person she was always in contact with Dadaji until he left for heaven.

Dadaji, once again had proved himself to be great !!!

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•