15. His Soft Side

'Mr. John Parera'

As much hard Dadaji showed himself to be, he was that much soft from inside in real. A sensitive, protective, caring and understanding person. Though we didn't have permission to see TV dramas but sometimes we were allowed for detective, horror, educational or devotional ones.

I must not have been more than 13 to 14 years old at that time and my sister Tinny was 11-12. There on television a weekly series of detective one shot stories, named 'Tehkikaat" had been being telecasted for an hour at 9:30 pm. As our exams were not near and we were sincere for our studies too, Dadaji didn't say anything for us watching it. One fine day we were waiting for it to telecast. It was important for us to watch today for being the last part of a 3 episodes story and we had already watched 2 before. It was an investigation for something horror happening in a house. A mystery of "Mr. John Parera". It was a ghost of him haunting in the house.

"Mummy ! How long will you take more ?" We were being panic as the time was running out and mom was still busy in her chores

"A little more. You both just start watching, I'll join you later."

"No, please. We're scared to watch it alone. Plz come fast."

For being a concluding episode we didn't want to miss that at any cost. As well as we couldn't gain courage to watch it alone at night. Mom wasn't coming and the time was running fast.

"Mummy please, come fast. It's gonna start soon. Please !"

One by one we both were moving back and forth restlessly from our room to kitchen in the backyard. Dadaji was doing his walks after dinner from verandah to courtyard. Our moving directions were actually in different dimensions that we were crossing each other at some points making a plus sign (+).

"What's bothering you ?" Dadaji asked, to which we said everything.

"If we don't see it today, we won't be able to know the suspense plotted behind the story. And the horror we saw in the last two episodes will continue to haunt in our minds for long."

"What's (your) mummy saying?"

"She needs a little more to finish her chores. But until she comes it will have been telecasted already."

"When will it start ?"

"A few minutes more. It's about to., now."

"Come, turn the T.V. on. I AM Joining you until she comes."

"Really ???" We couldn't believe what he just said.

We set his chair and took our places on the bed and watched that episode all together. It now had become more exciting as Dadaji was watching with us too.

[*Note: I never saw Dadaji sitting on any other bed then his own. Maybe I am wrong, but I didn't ever."*]

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Hello friends!

I am now gonna start writing "Perpetual Adoration" again after a whole long year. Stay connected. And yes, forget not to-

Vote ✩
Comment 💬
&
Share  ●<

Vote ✩Comment 💬&Share  ●<