-Chapter 20: The Snow Ball-

1 month later

Things were back to normal.

Or as normal as it was.

Mike finally let Max join the party. He claims he was sorry for judging so quickly and that now she knew and helped so much, he agreed. I think he felt bad and felt guilty because she helped save him.

Eleven is still here, living with Hopper in the cabin in the woods. She also had grown to accept Max. It was nice. They weren't exactly...friends...but they tolerated each other, and that was enough for me.

The party was back again. All of us hang out together at the Arcade or anywhere else. Actually, I heard that there was a mall opening next year. Starcourt mall it's called. It sounds awesome.

It's now time for the one and only SnowBall and I was dying. Not literally. I was dying because Robin refused to let me sit down.

"Oh come on." I ask, frowning. We had gone shopping a few weeks ago and she helped me pick this outfit. (Whatever outfit you'd wear to the snow ball. Personally, I'd wear a suit.)

Now that I have it on, Robin says I can't sit down or I will wrinkle it. She's now awkwardly standing behind me, reaching up to do my hair as I frown in the mirror. "Stop moving." She says. She decided to do a (The hairstyle you want) and kept on redoing it because she claimed it wasn't good. This was the longest she has done it so I really hope it's the one. "Okay....and.......done." She says, stepping back and grinning at me. I look at myself in the mirror, admiring the way the fabric was on my body and how my hair looked. "Damn. I look good." I say. Robin nods, smirking. "Oh yeah you do....and I'm sure Max thinks so too." Robin says. I blush at the comment turning to my friend. "I really wish I could see what she's wearing." I say. "Literally wait like, half an hour." Robin says, rolling her eyes. I groan, pacing my room. "You're gonna wear a hole in the floor." Robin says, smirking. "I glare at her before taking a deep breath. "Let's go down." I say. Robin gasps sarcastically. "To brave the parents?" She asks. I roll my eyes, ignoring her and walking down.

"Y/N!" My mom says, going to hug me. "DO NOT HUG HER." Robin shouts from the stairs. My mom freezes in front of me. "Don't ruin her outfit." Robin adds, running down. My mom backs up smiling. "Picture?" She asks. SNAP.

Oh, another thing. I came out to my parents. It was one day after I came back from being at the Arcade with Max and we did the usual say goodbye outside my house thing. That day, Max had decided to kiss my cheek, making my blush like crazy before skating off. My parents saw it and immediately asked to talk to me....

"Y/N. We had a question." My mom asks. I sat down, confused. "Was that Max outside?" She asks. I freeze. Did she see us? "Mom, it-it isn't what you think" I try, raising my hands in defence. "It wasn't anything, I swear. It-it was friendly and I didn't thin-" I got cut off with my mom hugging me. "Don't worry, sweetie. We've seen the way you look at her when she comes over." She says. "It was a lot like how I looked at your mother." My dad butts in, smiling. I look at my parent's relief forming in my chest. "So...so you're not...disgusted?" I ask. They look at each other, shrugging. "It...different. But I won't stand in the way. If that's how you were born, we will accept that." My dad says. I feel tears prick at my eyes as I pull my parents in for another hug. "I love you guys." I say. "We love you too."

I smile for like, 50 pictures as my parents keep on taking them. Robin's parents smile too as they watch. Probably remembering Robin's snow ball.

After another few minutes, Robin sighs. "Okay, that's it. We have to go." She says, pulling me aside. We say goodbye and hop into her car (Pretend she has a licence) as she starts the engine. "Okay. Time to go get your girl." She says as we speed off.