2

Exhausted, Kaitlyn lay back, staring at her toes poking through the water as she floated. Well, she was kind of floating; Lucifer's warm arms held her around the abdomen, keeping her in place. His chest was hard and slippery against her back as the water bubbled around them. The bubbling was loud enough that it concealed the screaming coming from outside.

It did a pretty good job at blocking out her unwanted thoughts too. Thoughts of Jacob. Thoughts of what rested in her belly and what lay in the future. Brushing the wet hair from her neck, Lucifer kissed her beneath the ear.

'You like it?' he said.

Kaitlyn snuggled her buttocks against his lap. 'I liked it the moment I saw it.' Kaitlyn closed her eyes. 'I imagined us here, just like this.'

Steam rose from the surface of the water, fogging the mirror above the handbasin.

'Anything for you,' he said.

He kissed along her shoulder. Twisting in his embrace, she looped her arms around his neck. He was looking different these days, less concerned, less angry. There was so much warmth in his eyes—she had never expected that.

She kissed the tip of his nose, then pressed her lips against his. Droplets of water gleamed in his blonde hair. He hadn't taken his angel form so his wings wouldn't get wet, remaining a simple but startling man. Kaitlyn kissed the tattoo of the inverted cross on his shoulder, then kissed him on the mouth again.

The water bubbled. Steam continued its slow spiral towards the ceiling. She was so hot she could feel the blood rushing to her face. Lucifer must have noticed her discomfort because the intensity of the bubbling lessened and the worst of the heat cooled.

Kaitlyn leaned her head against his shoulder with a sigh. Gently, he ran his hands up and down her back, making her shiver.

He shifted beneath her and Kaitlyn pulled back to give him room to stand. 'Finished, have we?' she said as water leaked over the edges of the tub.

She sucked in a breath of surprise as he yanked her to him and lifted her into his arms. Water was cascading down his magnificent body as he carried her out of the tub. Gently, he lowered her to her feet.

Grabbing her towel, he wiped her down. Kaitlyn smiled, knowing he could have easily dried her with a click of his fingers. He wanted to touch her. And she didn't mind a bit.

'Do I get to dry you?' she said.

He handed her the towel. His glorious blue eyes watched her as she patted down his big chest, as she wiped down his muscular sides. He laughed as she rubbed between his legs.

He stopped laughing as they stared at each other, his lashes sooty with lust.

Kaitlyn dropped the towel.

They had each other against the bathroom sink, Kaitlyn's backside up on the bench, her back pressed up against the mirror, her legs spread wide as he ploughed into her. She shrieked as he grabbed onto her hips, pulling her against him until she was clinging onto him with her arms and thighs.

He was grunting hard. The big muscles in his back were clenched. His face was pressed into the side of her neck as he thrust and thrust and thrust again. He came with a growl and a shudder. Kaitlyn gasped, clutching onto his head as he lightly bit her shoulder. So much for bathing. So much for being clean. She hadn't felt clean for weeks.

Breathless, Kaitlyn slumped against him. She could feel him pulsing inside her, making her feel as wet on the inside as she did on the outside.

Slowly, he lowered her to the floor. Turning to the sink, she wiped herself down. Lucifer stood behind her, watching her.