Chapter Four - Hospital Visit Part I

Kakashi woke up to stare at an off white ceiling and the smell of antiseptics.

A hospital?— He thought.

He slowly sat up to notice he was still drained of chakra. Kakashi looked down at his hands that were too small—too soft—to be his hands. He reached up to feel his bare face—Where is my mask?—Kakashi feels the scar over his left eye—that he's had most of his life.—Though he doesn't feel the chakra drain from Obito's Sharingan.

When Kakashi pushed some chakra—even though it drains his chakra even more—into his eye only to be surprised. He feels both eyes spin into a Sharingan, but not just any Sharingan. A Mangekyou Sharingan. Kakashi got used to the feeling during the war.

He felt chakra signatures that were foriegn—but familiar at the same time—coming to the room, so he quickly cut off the flow of chakra to his eyes, effectively turning off the Sharingan.—Glad to know I can control it now.— Kakashi turned to look out the window instead of looking at the door where the chakra signatures were coming from.

Only one enters the room, "Kakashi!?" a male voice sounds behind him.

I know that voice.— Kakashi thinks —Who? Where have I heard it?

"Do you remember what happened?" the familiar voice speaks again.

Kakashi has to think for a second, then he remembers what he woke up to from his fight with Obito. "Oh, last night," He slowly mumbles as he turns his head slowly to look emotionlessly at the other person in the other room.

Minato-sensei?

"Kakashi," Minato frowns, then sits on the hospital bed in front of said boy, "You can get your own place, or...you can stay with me—the choice is up to you."

What?— Kakashi thinks confused —Did this happen last time?

"If you don't mind...I'll stay with you M-minato-sensei." He answers, cursing himself silently for stuttering.

"Okay, kiddo," Minato says as he ruffles Kakashis messy hair. "You've got some visitors here for you; think youre ready to see them?"

"Who?" Kakashi asks, slightly flinching from Minato's touch.

"Obito and Rin," Minato answers, not knowing the effect those few words had on his student.

Kakashi thinks for a split second then answers his sensei, "Yeah. I just need my mask."

Minato hands Kakashi his mask with a worried expression. He puts the mask on then looks out the window while Minato gets Kakashis teammates —Teammates. My original teammates.—He has no idea how he is going to react. The last he saw Obito they were fighting in the Kamui dimension, and he hadnt seen Rin since...for a while.

"Kakashi?" A soft voice speaks. He startles and visibly flinches looking to see who spoke. —Obito