Chapter 10 - Summons Part I

* * *

After Minato and his male students dropped off Rin at home, he led Obito—who had a sleeping Kakashi on his back—to his house—Kushina, Minato's wife, who is out of the village on a week-long mission, so the house is empty for the night.

"There's a guest room—the door on the right—where you can lay Kakashi down." Minato instructs Obito.

"Okay." Obito walks to the bed in the guest room and tries—key word 'tries'—to put Kakashi into the bed, but the boy latches onto Obitos neck.

"Nng, Obito?" he mumbles distressed, "Don't leave."

"Okay, okay. I won't leave," Obito reassures him. Kakashi hugs the boy in a koala death grip. Minato decided to check in on his students because Obito should have been out by now. He had to suppress laughs at the scene he saw. Kakashi was hugging Obito while he was in a deep sleep.

"Do you need help?" Minato smiles as he whispers. There is no need to wake up the peacefully sleeping chunin.

"No," Obito whispers back with a slight shake of his head. "I'll stay here. I don't have to be back home tonight."—or at all for that matter. Grandma doesn't need me. I'll just be in her way

"Are you sure it wont be a problem?"

"Yes," the boy replies and climbs into the bed, settling with Kakashi between his arms. Over the younger boy's head of silver hair, Obito adds, "I'm sure it will be fine."

"Okay," Minato says as he exits the room—I'm sure a good night's rest will be good for the boys—Minato adds a good night as he turns off the light and closes the door behind him. "Good night."

Kakashi had woken up warm—without nightmares. He hadn't woken up without nightmares in a long time. When he opened his eyes he saw navy blue. He closes his eyes again. "Hmm, warm." He mumbles as he snuggles deeper into the warmth.

"Glad I can keep you warm." The warmth said. Wait the warmth said?

Kakashi looked up to meet onyx eyes. "Obito!? Why...where?"

"I carried you to Minato's place, but you wouldn't let me leave."

"I wouldn't let you leave?" Kakashi asks incredulously.

"Yup," Obito says, then in a higher pitched voice, "You wouldn't let Tobi go." Kakashi then looks at Obito with a deadpan expression. "Hehe," Obito chuckles nervously, "Old habits die hard."

The two end up staring at each other in a comfortable silence until a soft knock startles them.

"Are you boys up?" Minato asks, slightly opening the door. "Cause I made breakfast."

"Yeah," Obito answers, turning to look at his sensei, "We'll be out in a second."

"Okay." Minato says and leaves his two students alone again.

"I should make a summons contract again." Kakashi says out of nowhere—But I won't be able to get my old pack with Pakkun back—as they were about to exit the room.

"Why?" Obito asks. The boys exited the room and walked down the hallway.

"It was nice having summons," Kakashi mumbles, "And I'll get stronger. Summoning contracts effect me differently from other people."

"Ooh," Obito makes an understanding sound, "Maybe I'll make one too."

"Make 'what' too?" Minato asks as the boys enter the dining room—I didn't catch the beginning of the conversation.

"My dad told me about summon contracts and I told Obito I should try to make one," Kakashi skillfully lies to his sensei on the spot.

"And then I said I would try too." Obito chimes in—Wonder what I'll get. I didn't have summons last time.

"O-kay," Minato hesitantly says while he absent mindedly stares out the window, "Maybe we can do that during training today?"

"Really?" Both boys ask, which Minato turns to them confused.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?" Earning a deadpan expression from his students.

"Then what about R-rin?" Kakashi asks—Still can't say her name without stuttering.

"What do you mean?" Minato asks.—Do they know more about summons than they let on?

"Well, dad told me you need a lot of chakra to make a contract," Kakashi explains.

This is the second time he's mentioned his father; shouldn't he be sad or grieving?—Minato thinks. "Correct, but not necessarily. Now eat, boys. Then we'll leave for training."

"Hai," they said and then dug into Minato's cooking.