Chapter 15 - The Changes Part II

***
When Kakashi wakes, the first thing he notices is the dull ache all over his body. Next, he notices the tuft of raven hair in his face. Carefully the silver haired boy sits up and looks around. There is a distinct metallic smell settled in the room. Now is when the boy notices the pools of blood on the bed. He moves to wake the older boy, and asks-through teeth larger than he is used to, "Obi, whath happen'd?"

Obito bolts up at the sudden movement and sound. When he spots Kakashi awake, he starts inspecting the boy, worry clearly etched on his face. Once done he brings the silver head into a hug. The two just stay like that, in silence, for a short while. Soon enough Obito breaks the silence, "You should look at yourself."

"Huh," is the only response before the raven haired boy is guiding the younger boy to the full body mirror hanging on the door. When Kakashi sees himselfs, he jumps back into Obito's-sturdy and strong- arms with a yelp, " Isth that me."
Obito only chuckled and scratched behind Kakashi's ears-it had helped after the whole ordeal, before Obito had drifted off to sleep-which were no longer human. They were almost-no they were-like wolf ears. His teeth and nails were sharper. The teeth had obstructed his speech only a little, but enough to be noticed. His eyes had become more blue-grey-and wolf-like-than the light onyx they originally were. The last thing the young Hatake noticed was the grey, fluffy tail, swaying behind him. He reaches down and grabs it.

"Thisth," Kakashi starts pacing-on legs that are no longer human and tail setting off his ballance-growling. "Cannot be real."

"It clearly is, Kashi-kun," Obito teases, then voice turning serious. "But what are we going to do now?"

"Uh, henge?" Kakashi suggests. "Thaths gotta work."

"That can't hide your lisp though," Obito points out.

"Scho, I don't talk musch anyway," Kakashi argues back, his tail slowly sways from side to side in annoyance, slowly increasing in speed.
Obito takes a cautious step toward the young silver haired boy. "But when you do, they'll not-"

"I wON'T," Kakashi interrupts the older raven haired by nearly roaring in his face. Obito doesn't flinch, or even move, from the agitated boy, but Kakashi still recoils and wraps his arms and tail around himself as he backs away. Almost as if he is scared of himself, of what he has become.

Obito follows, and gently, as to soothe his friend, says, "Okay, we should probably get ready then. I'll use a genjutsu instead. That way it won't be as detectable as a henge."
Kakashi numbly follows what Obito is doing. The older boy hands him some clothes. Just some standard issued shinobi pants, a long sleeved shirt with a connected mask-why Obito had that, he has no idea-and one of the Uchiha's spare jackets. The jacket is almost identical to the one Obito had put on, only Kakashi had the Uchiha fan on the front chest and not the back. Kakashi hadn't realized it yet, but Obito had already cast the genjutsu already. He made it so only the two of them could see the extra appendages, for now.

"We're going to be late, Obi?" Kakashi whispers timidly and hesitantly grabs the Uchiha's-larger, stronger and rougher-hand.

"Sthensthei and Rin are going to be worried."
Obito takes a better hold on Kakashi's hand and looks at the clock. "Oh, crap. We do gotta go," he says as he pulls himself and Kakashi into an alleyway close to their training grounds through Kamui. Then he starts running to get there on time.

"Obi, sthlow down," Kakashi says from behind. The genjutsu may have hidden his new look, but it didn't change his physical appearance like a henge would. And Kakashi was not used to his new body.

"Oh, sorry," Obito slows his pace just enough to allow Kakashi to keep up, but keeps it fast enough to make it to the training field before seven. Now that I think about it Kakashi is going to have to learn how to fight differently.
When they got to the field both Minato and Rin were already there. As the boys walked up to them, the two already on the field were facing away from them, they heard Rin asking if Minato knew where the boys were. "We're right here," Obito says, startling the two.

"Dear Kami," Rin sighs out. "Obito, Kakashi, you're both late."

Minato looks worriedly at his three students. He notices that Obito and Kakashi are holding hands, which isn't as bad as a development, the two had done other things yesterday. But something was different. Kakashi was different, but he couldn't put his finger on how. Minato at that moment made a decision, "Alright, everybody sit. I just want to talk this morning."

"Hai, sensei," Rin says with enthusiasm. Both Obito and Kakashi think she's too innocent.

"What are we going to talk about?"

"I just want to check in with everyone," Minato says. He sits cross legged in the grass. Rin follows his example, and ending with the boys to make a small circle. Kakashi sits with his legs against his chest-that was the only comfortable way for him to sit currently-and Obito, still holding Kakashi's hand, sits as close to him as possible while still keeping the form of the circle. "How was everyone's night?"

Rin starts the conversation, "After dinner I went home and read. What did you do, boys?"

Obito and Kakashi share a single look, and Minato notices. "I made stir fry last night, and Kakashi ended up staying at my place. Sorry we didn't tell you sensei."

"It's fine, Obito," Minato says. "Just tell me next time. Anyway, what do you guys want to work on today?"

"Taijutshu," Kakashi bursts out without thinking. He did have the same thought of Obito, learning how to fight differently, but in his hurry forgot about the lisp. Everyone turned to stare at him and he curled even more into himself. The others couldn't see, but his tail moved to wrap around his waist.

Minato was even more confused now. He knows Kakashi is good at Taijutsu, so why would he be wanting to work on it? He's worried about Obito and Kakashi. They've been acting differently the last couple of days. It's not a bad different, just the change was so sudden. And then there's the odd way Kakashi just spoke. "Okay, Obito work with Rin today, and Kakashi, I'll work with you."

"Hai," Rin says enthusiastically and grabs Obito's hand, dragging him to the other side of the field. Kakashi and Obito made one last look of hesitation until the older was too far away. Minato and Kakashi end up in a match of who can stare the longest without breaking concentration.
***