Chapter Eight - Village Walk Part I

*    *    *

Minato walked into Kakashi's hospital room hoping to see the boys arguing and Rin trying to stop it, but he was sorely surprised. The boys—Obito and Kakashi—were silently sitting on the bed while Rin fidgeted in one of the chairs.

Rin bolted up to Minato as soon as she saw them—Why were they so quiet?

"Ready to go?" She asks.

"Yup," Minato says and then hands Kakashi some clothes, "But you should change out of the hospital clothes first, Kakashi."

"Uhm-hm." Kakashi hums an affirmation and grabs the clothes from Minato and stumbles off the hospital bed.—Is Kakashi okay?—Obito—the closest to the boy—helped him down silently—Obito wouldn't have done this yesterday. He would have laughed at Kakashi.

Kakashi gave a silent nod as a thank you and headed to the bathroom. When Kakashi was dressed and ready to go, the sensei with his students left the hospital.

Rin took the lead. Kakashi and Obito were behind her side-by-side. Minato took up the rear so he could watch over his students.

Rin hummed a tune as she walked as she walked.—I'm worried about Obito and Kakashi.—Minato thought as he watched the two. Kakashi had tripped over a rock earlier—which in itself was concerning— and Obito caught the boy by the hand.—The two haven't let go of each others hands yet.

Another thing that worried Minato was the way they looked at the village. They looked like they had a feeling of nostalgia. Though they each had a different spin on the look. Kakashi looked sad, like  he was seeing ghosts of the past as he observed the—clearly still living—citizens. Obito was no better. The people were like ghosts in the older boys eyes too, but he looked guilty—almost like he killed them himself.—Why are they nostalgic when they are only 8 and 6?— Minato thought strategically—And why are the underlying feelings different?— 

A/N I am sorry I haven't been updating. My life has been a bit busy. I've gotten sick and have to deal with homework on top of it. Again sorry about the sparatic update schedule.