Chapter 11 - Summons Part II

* * *

When Minato, Kakashi, and Obito arrived at training ground three, Rin was already there. "Morning sensei, Obito, Kakashi." Obito stiffly nodded at the poor, confused, yet cheerful girl. Kakashi couldn't look at her, afraid he would break down if he looked into her eyes, so he ignored her.

"Morning," Minato answers Rin. Why are they so stiff around Rin? He places his hands on top of Obito and Kakashi's heads, and he decides to ignore the flinches as surprise and nothing else. "These two wanted to make summon contracts, so I'm going to teach all three of you how." [A/N Now the way you summon in Naruto is the same, like the hand signs are right, but the way the contract is made is my own headcanon. You can not read it or just deal with what I have written.]

I already know how to though. Kakashi whines in his head.

~Two Hours Later~

"Are you ready to try?" Minato asks after an extensive lecture on summon contracts. "Now I won't actually do the summoning because Gamabunta would have my head for summoning any of them without an actual emergency." Minato chuckles nervously. "But we will do the hand signs together, 'kay."

Minato slowly makes the hand signs, while his students copy—one of them dreading the slow pace, the other two excited. Though one of them is hiding it while the other is visibly showering her enthusiasm—the hand signs. The children had cut their thumbs with a kunai, just enough to draw blood, for the summon to work. Minato had not done that knowing the summon wouldn't work without the contractor's blood.

I—Inu—Tori—Saru—Hitsuji,

"Summoning Jutsu!" They all yelled out. Minato had encouraged it. Only two of his students did though. Kakashi only whispered it, since he usually doesn't say anything.

Minato watches as two of his three students fall unconscious. Oops, I guess I forgot to mention that contracts made for the first time or that haven't had a contractor for a while are brought to the summons world.

"What happened, Minato sensei?" Rin—his only conscious student—asks worriedly.

"Kakashi and Obito's souls have been brought to the summon's worlds to make contracts," Minato explains[A/N with so much cringe. This applies to Minato's thoughts above] "They must be making contracts with summons that haven't been summoned before or in a long time."

"Oh," Rin says, then looks down disappointed. "Does this mean I didn't get a summon?"

"I'm afraid so, Rin, but"Minato tries to comfort the girl. "I'm sure you'll be great at medical jutsu. I can teach you what I know, only if you want."

"Really?" She looks up at her teacher with hope.

"Yeah," He answers and ruffles her hair.