Chapter 3

Y/n and Ethan both dodged the swipe. The Lady who Y/n knows as Lady Dimitrescu, was keeping the dagger out of their reach. Y/n sighed in annoyance at the stand off that was happening right now. Lady Dimitrescu swung down at Y/n which grazed her arm.

"Y/n!?" Ethan shouted.

"It's fine! It's only a small scratch." Y/n breathed.

Lady Dimitrescu growled.

"I will slice you both to ribbons!"

"In your dreams lady." Y/n bit back.

While Lady Dimitrescu was occupied with Y/n, Ethan took this chance to try and get the dagger. Y/n wasn't the only one who noticed what Ethan was doing.

"You are going to have to try harder than that!" Lady Dimitrescu growled.

It all happened so fast. Ethan was in the air with that woman's claws in his side. Ethan bit back from screaming out in pain.

"Your blood may be stale, but I will enjoy draining it from you!" Lady Dimitrescu grinned.

Y/n had a realization.

"Hey tall bitch!" Y/n shouted.

Lady Dimitrescu snapped her head to look Y/n in the eyes. Y/n had a smile on her face as she pulled out the blood bag from her jacket.

"You like blood too? So do I." Y/n said before she opened her mouth, flashing her fangs and then biting the bag.

A little bit of blood ran down Y/n's chin. Y/n's eyes were shut tight as she was savoring the flavor. Once the blood was gone Y/n snapped her eyes open revealing her red eyes. Y/n scrunched up the bag and tossed it aside before pointing her pistol at the woman before her.

"You'll learn not to mess with my family." Y/n growled before putting bullets into Lady Dimitrescu.

Ethan got set free as Lady Dimitrescu fell to her knees coughing up blood. Y/n picked Ethan up and threw him over her shoulders and jumped off the edge. Y/n landed gracefully while Ethan had a death grip on Y/n.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked rubbing her arms.

"Uh, yeah, I'm okay. Just... just a warning next time." Ethan said.

Y/n looked around to see a destroyed house and behind them were two doors. Curiosity got the better of Y/n and she pushed open the doors that revealed a pedestal.

"What is that?"

Ethan turned around to see what his daughter was talking about. Y/n went up to the pedestal and picked up the flask that had a symbol on it.

"What did you find?" Ethan asked standing next to Y/n.

"I'm not sure." Y/n said handing the flask to Ethan.

"The Duke might know what it is. Might as well keep it." Ethan said inspecting it before putting it away.

As the two headed for the other doors that were across the path, Ethan was reloading his pistol.

"Why didn't you kill her?" Ethan suddenly asked.

"Because she isn't worth my time. If you go as far as to prevent someone from getting a dagger that is deadly to them, then no. Not worth my time. I don't do play ring around the rosie." Y/n said.

Ethan couldn't argue with that. The cave led into a room that had strange symbols on the wall. Ethan was opening the box on the table while Y/n was studying the symbols. Y/n ran her fingers over each of the symbols. The symbols were cold and none of them were movable but one symbol shook Y/n.