Chapter 8

Y/n followed the trail of her father. He got injured fighting something, for there was blood splattered on the ground that led to the reservoir. Y/n sighed. Her father just can't stop injuring himself. Upon reaching the reservoir Y/n nearly vomited at the sight of it.

It was gross. The houses were destroyed and there was green crap everywhere. Y/n took a deep breath and went into the green stuff. The blood trail ended at the dock.

"Really?"

The smell was starting to get to Y/n and now she has to find a way to get across the water. Y/n had to cover her mouth and tried not to vomit. Y/n eventually got over and she quickly composed herself. Y/n looked around and saw a few places she could jump on and cross over from above. The wood platforms were very unstable which made Y/n have to be quick.

As Y/n looked around, the whole place was flooded with water. Y/n also noticed a nearby cave where a boat was docked. Ethan has been here already. Y/n sighed and jumped onto the boat and stepped onto the dock. Y/n turned around sensing a strong presence nearby. Y/n didn't like this one bit. The sound of people wrestling made Y/n swiftly turn around.

Y/n quickly followed her father's path moving a piece of cloth that was blocking the doorway.

"Stay the fuck down!"

Y/n saw a man on top of her father, holding him at gun point. Y/n growled and quickly grabbed the man and threw him off of Ethan and pointed her gun at him.

"Y/n!"

Y/n shot her head up to see Chris and soon her other gun was pointed at him.

"Chris, how nice to see you again." Y/n growled.

Ethan quickly stood up and the other guy attempted to knock Y/n's gun out of her hands. In retaliation, Y/n kicked the guy back down to the floor and placed her foot on him.

"I'm not here to prance around. Tell him to back the fuck off or else I'll start ripping people apart. You've pissed me off enough already!"

"I gotta say, I'm surprised you two made it this far. It'd be a shame If something happened to you two now." Chris spoke.

"Sure, Chris, why not? You killed Mia! Now do us and finish the job!" Ethan spat.

"Hey Cap, I'm getting some serious motion readings out here. We should move on." A man said suddenly appearing.

"What is going on?" Y/n asked.

Chris turned around and faced the man.

"What kind of readings? What's moving?" Chris asked.

"Unknown, but my guess is we've been here too long, and Miranda knows about it." The man said.

"You said Miranda? How are you involved?" Y/n asked still not happy about this reunion.

"Leave it alone, Y/n. You are out of your depth." Chris growled.

Chris turned to the man again.

"What about the sample analysis?"

"It's definitely related to the mold." The man said.

That's when Y/n snapped and shot the gun out of the man's hands. Everyone turned to Y/n with concerned looks on their faces. Y/n's eyes were burning red.

"I don't know what you are up to Chris, but let's get one thing straight. If you would stop hiding shit from us, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess! Apparently talking to people is too damn hard nowadays! I don't know why you shot Mia, and I frankly don't care about that right now for I have a feeling that wasn't actually Mia. What I have a fucking problem with is Rose! You took her and now dad and I are playing put back together! I've never met someone who makes me so damn angry! I'll never forgive you for this!" Y/n screamed.

Ethan stood back not wanting to make the situation worse. Chris knew he was in deep shit and there was a high chance Y/n was going to kill him. Y/n suddenly felt the strong presence from before heading their direction. The water started to stir.

"Good luck, asshole." Y/n spat before tackling Ethan to the ground as a giant fish barreled through the small space. Ethan and Y/n both fell into the water and the fish monster made the whole thing collapse. Y/n quickly grabbed ahold of Ethan and swam to the nearest stable platform.

Y/n helped Ethan get onto the dock, coughing up his lungs while Y/n was calming down from her rage. Y/n's head snapped up at the sound of something coming near them. Y/n looked over and saw the most disgusting looking thing she has ever seen. Remembering back to Duke's story, this was Salvatore Moreau.

"Shit! Stay back!" Ethan said scooting away from Salvatore.

"You... The exit's underwater... you two are done for!" Salvatore said.

"We don't have time for this." Y/n scoffed.

"It's too late...  Miranda is already preparing the ceremony!" Salvatore said.

"Miranda sent you to slow us down? You're pathetic." Ethan spat.

"Don't be cruel! It's not fair! I should be with her! Not you two!" Salvatore said.

"What are you talking about?" Y/n asked.

Salvatore then started to vomit all over the place causing Y/n and Ethan to take a few steps back.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Ethan asked very disgusted.

"I can't hold it in anymore! Oh. God. Mother, why?" Salvatore said walking more towards the water.

"Why!?" Salvatore cried out as he fell into the water.

Y/n and Ethan saw fish fins stick out of the water, swimming away from them and then back near them.

"So, he is the ugly fish monster." Y/n said crossing her arms.

"Appears that way and I'm not sticking around to be fish food. Let's go!" Ethan said following the path.

Y/n followed close behind as Salvatore was destroying the platform. Y/n quickly threw Ethan over her shoulder again once she saw the jump that was ahead. Before Salvatore could eat the pair, Y/n jumped over on land and taking a few steps forward before setting Ethan down.

Y/n turned around to see Salvatore swim off.

"Warning next time!" Ethan growled.

"Sorry, didn't have time." Y/n bit back.

Ethan and Y/n found a house of sorts that had a control panel and a map of the reservoir. Y/n read the map and note attached to it.

"Reservoir Gatehouse Operations Instructions. In an instance of heavy rain, there may be damage to the local aquatic life. It is advised that you drain all excess water using the following steps:

1. Move the windmills with a crank to start the electricity to the gatehouse.

2. Pull the lever in the gatehouse to open the sluice gate.

Huh, how interesting."

"There are what? Two windmills? Three maybe? How the hell are we going to do that?" Ethan complained.

Y/n rolled her eyes.

"First and foremost, we need to find the crank. Then we will figure out the rest. One thing at a time dad. You go on ahead, I need to talk to the Duke." Y/n said.

Ethan sighed but then nodded. As Ethan left Y/n opened the door to where Duke had set up shop.