Chapter 12

Y/n apologized profusely. Going on about how she should have told him sooner but didn't know how and how he might not like it. It became clear to Ethan that Y/n didn't want him to feel bad that she wanted to stay and figure out who she was with the woman she was meant to be with.

Ethan put his hand in her back.

"It's okay. I understand and I hold nothing against you and I never will."

Ethan made Y/n look at him. Her teary eyes made his heart sting.

"Let's deal with the task at hand and then have a sit down talk, okay?"

Y/n wiped a few fallen tears away and nodded. Y/n gathered herself back together and that's when the hunger struck. Y/n slapped her hand over her mouth and hunched over.

Ethan knew what was happening and without hesitation, he helped her go down the stairs and into a tunnel. Ethan wasn't really paying attention since his focus was on Y/n and the two fell off a small ledge that landed them into an arena of sorts.

"Shit." Ethan cursed under his breath.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." Y/n panted.

Ethan wasn't sure about leaving her here. Y/n leaned up against one of the pillars and before another word was said, a loud roar shook the entire place. The pair looked up to see a huge lycan with a hammer.

Ethan recognized this thing from when he was playing that twisted maze game. Before anyone had a chance to do something, the lycan jumped down slamming his hammer onto the ground. The impact sent Ethan and Y/n flying away from each other. Ethan slid on the floor into a pillar while Y/n hit the wall with such force it made her spat out blood.

Y/n was on the floor with blurry vision. The beast went after Ethan and Y/n watched as he got a foot stomped on him. Ethan did shot a few bullets into the thing. Y/n desperately tried to get up but couldn't. She was too weak at this time. Y/n groaned as her head throbbed in pain, then it happened.

The smell of blood was thick in the air. Y/n inhaled the scent and that's was the breaking point, Y/n snapped. The hunger came back in full force, eye shot open, red eyes glowing. A deep growl left Y/n as she started to twitch, teeth way more sharp than before and claws that could cut through steel dug into the floor.

Y/n got into a position getting ready to lunge and lunge she did. Will full force Y/n lunged and dug herself onto the beast's back making it roar in pain. Not a care was given as Y/n started ripping flesh off its body. To add to it, Y/n bite deep into the beast's shoulder and ripped a good chunk of flesh off.

The beast did manage to throw Y/n off its back and into a nearby pillar. That was nowhere near enough to knock out Y/n or slow her down. The beast was now locked onto Y/n and vice versa. The two circled each other, waiting to see who was going to attack first.

The beast attacked first. He swiftly swung his hammer down only for Y/n to jump in time to flip off the base of the hammer. A swift kick in the head from Y/n sent the beast flying into the wall, hard.

Ethan scooted back behind a pillar and peeked out from behind it. The beast bounced back and returned the favor, knocking Y/n back and her phone flying towards Ethan's face. Ethan was lucky that he had the skill the be able to catch the phone or else it would have hit him right in the face.

As the Y/n and the beast fought, Y/n's buzzed making Ethan jump. Ethan looked down to see that there was a text from Donna. Ethan opened up the text.

Donna: Hey, I hope you are okay. It's probably nothing but I feel uneasy.

Ethan was debating on if he should respond and making Donna think that it was Y/n or not. Ethan decided against it and was going to tell Donna the truth. I mean, might as well if they are going to be together, right?

Y/n: Hello Donna. This isn't Y/n it her father as I'm sure you know who I am.

Ethan sent the text waiting for a response.

Donna: Ethan Winters, yes I know who you are. Where is Y/n? Is she okay?

Ethan sighed. Trying to explain this would be hard.

Y/n: Y/n is... currently going through something right now and it's really hard to explain so I'll do my absolute best. I don't know if she told you or not but every once and a while Y/n will go into a frenzy of sorts. She will hunger for flesh and need to consume it to feel normal again and go back to the way she was. She becomes feral if she ignores it for too long which is what happened. Currently she is fighting a big lycan with a hammer.

Ethan decided to take a small recording to send to Donna since she has a phone.  Which Ethan was surprised to know because of where they are and hiw things seem to work around here. The video showed how Y/n was acting while in this state and hiw aggressive she can be. Ethan send the text with the video attached.

Donna: She's fighting Uriaş!? Out of all things why Uriaş! And why are you two in the Stronghold?

Y/n: What was his name? Heisenberg told us to come her for the final flask.

Ethan was quick with a reply. Ethan looked up from the phone to see the two still fighting it out. However Y/n had the upper hand and grabbed his hammer and slammed the beast know as Uriaş into the floor. Y/n then took the hammer from him and beat the hell out of the guy. Ethan cringed slightly as Y/n beat the face off of Uriaş. He was very dead and once Y/n had enough she feasted on his flesh. At that point Ethan turned away so he didn't vomit.

Donna: Karl probably was testing you two but he isn't going to be happy. Then again, he brought it upon himself.

An idea popped into Ethan's head as he finished reading the text. Y/n might kill him for this but oh well.

Y/n: I'm going to video call you. Just hit the accept button that pops up.

Ethan waiting a few seconds before calling Donna. Either she was going to pick up or not. Ethan had a feeling that she might, and sure enough she did. Ethan saw that familiar black veil pop up on the screen.

"It's been a while since we last met." Ethan said giving a half smile.

"Yes, yes it has." Donna said softly.

"This is what I wanted to show you, just to give you an idea of what's down the road." Ethan said before turning the phone to face Y/n who was eating away at Uriaş.

Ethan heard Donna gasp. Donna watched Y/n eat away at Uriaş and true to the word feral, Y/n did look the part as well as play the part. She was eating like she hasn't eaten in days.

"I see what you were meaning now." Donna said.

"Yep. No one understands why she does this as I'm sure you know. Speaking of Y/n."

Ethan told Donna the vision she had after reading a note found on the floor. Donna in turn explained how the vision Y/n had at her house triggered. Yeah, Y/n left that part out. As Donna and Ethan were chatting about Y/n and bouncing what the visions could mean, Y/n snapped out of her flesh craving state.

Y/n's eyes went back to normal and Y/n didn't know where she was for a moment. Reality kicked right in and Y/n realized what she had done. A shriek left Y/n and alerted Donna and Ethan.

"Y/n!?"

That voice, Y/n recognized it all too well.

"Donna?"