Chapter 4

Y/n was standing near the Duke waiting for her father to return. Y/n was twirling around her pistols to pass time.

"Miss Y/n? Where did you get your necklace from?" Duke suddenly asked.

"Oh, my biological mom gave it to me. It's the only thing I have of her."

"Oh? So Mia isn't your real mother?" Duke asked.

"No, she adopted me. I love her like my real mom. If only I could remember my past." Y/n said sadly.

"You can't remember your past?" Duke asked.

"Nope. I don't know why. I've given up trying. It will come to me sooner or later."

"Indeed it might." Duke smiled.

Y/n went back to twirling her pistols waiting ever so patiently.

"How was It? Did you learn anything?" Duke said suddenly.

Y/n lifted her head to see her father walking this way.

"I found these feathers. Now tell me how to fix this like you said you would." Ethan spat.

"Settle down. First you must use that key and collect all of your little Rose's flasks." Duke said.

"Where are the rest of them?" Ethan growled.

"There are four in total. You two have the one, and the other lords have the rest." Duke said.

"Lords?" Y/n asked.

"Mother Miranda is the cold, calculating ruler of this village. Four lords serve under her. The first you have already met, the Lady Dimitrescu. The second lives deep in a valley of mist, the doll maker Donna Beneviento. None of her playmates have ever come back from that dank, old estate. The third is Moreau, a being of twisted flesh that lives in the reservoir past the windmills. It's said that he is not the only monster that lives in those waters. The fourth and most dangerous is Heisenberg. He works in his factory on the village outskirts. And the project? Let's just say parts of the human imagination are better left alone." Duke explained.

That was a lot of information to take in. Y/n now knew that woman's name, Donna Beneviento. She still isn't happy about what happened back at the church.

"If you truly wish to save your daughter, you must first gather the four flasks. I'll do you a personal favor. I've marked the Lords' locations on your map. Some treasures still lurk in this village, but I have a feeling you aren't interested in those." Duke said.

"Why are you doing this?" Ethan asked.

"Why it's all part of our first class customer service! Please do come again soon..." Duke said cheerfully.

Y/n looked at Ethan's map to see who was next

"If we are going in order of what the Duke said, Donna Beneviento is next. And... she is through that gate over there." Y/n said pointing to the gate with the sun and moon above it.

"Yeah, let get going. Also, I paid for your blood bag." Ethan said.

"Thanks! And you can't get mad because it save your life." Y/n smiled.

"Yeah yeah." Ethan said.

"Oh! Miss Y/n, before you go I have a present for you. Free of charge." Duke said handing Y/n a plastic bag with a tube and needle attached to it

"What is that?" Ethan asked.

"It's a blood bag for one and two you can siphon blood from someone or something and keep it for later. You might need that later on. Like I said, it's free of charge." Duke said.